The Rest of October...

In October, Highlanders Cross Country started for Maya and Melita.  Kyla got to be a coach for Melita's team along with Kyla's Cross Country friend  McKenna who got to coach her little sister Taylor!  What is really fun is, that my sister and I went to school with McKenna and Taylor's Mom, and the girls Grandma Judy went to school with these girls grandma Marcia!  

Below is Melita coming into the finish line at her race with Coach Kyla encouraging her on...

Here is Maya running her race.  She has really started to enjoy running this season...

On our way home from Kyla's CC meet in Butte, the girls and I stopped in the neighborhood where I lived when I was about Melita's age.  This little convenient store hasn't changed much over the years...

This was these girls first time riding at the Pig Farm trails...

One afternoon during break time, Colter made these carrot whistles.  They sounded just like a whistle until they dried up...

Sarah and Kyla working on cookies for their State CC team send-off...

Maya had Sabrina over for her birthday and they got to go swimming...

Kyla making birthday cake for her father and sister!

And Maya and Melita made these cute party hats...

Also in October, Kyla had her first Choir concert...

Love the rich sounds of a good high school choir...

Maya and I got out one evening for some time together...

And here I'm brewing some tea as I give Colter his weekly spelling test.  I love my job...

Made Cave Oatmeal Cookies.  They are the best!!!  You can find the recipe here on my long-lost recipe blog! :)

Sometimes waiting for Kyla at school involved walking/running around the track...

Speech and Debate started in October.  Here is Kyla (in the black skirt suit and green shirt) at one of her first meets.  I love seeing all these high school kids dressed up in there best.  It was fun to judge too...

For Halloween, the kids carved pumpkins...

Hard at work...

And then trick-or-treated from bedroom door to bedroom door...

Randy took this beautiful October sunset (or sunrise) picture from our front yard.  Hmmm, it's looking Northeast... ?!?!

And that made a really long, throw it all together, October post.  But, I'm in catch up mode right now.  Just November, and then December... and then January to go.

All for now.
Alison

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Thank you ~ I thoroughly enjoyed these pictures and posts :)

Benjamin Ranch said...

That store looks familiar...is it off the Turah exit. If so, it's close to where my sister lives :)