The Sandbox Gang



Last Friday was a beautiful day here in our little corner of the earth. Randy took the day off work and the kids were all home for the afternoon. We spent all our time outside. First the kids enthusiastically helped us in the garden. But after a while their interest in the garden waned and their attention turned to the sandbox.

It's amazing the creative work that happens when they are trying to avoid doing what they should be doing-like helping in the garden.

I know a little bit about that myself...It's called blogging...

Some of their "creative work"-bridges, roads, little hills, valleys, huts, castles, and a dandelions here and there for decoration...
"Mom, come and take a picture of us!!!"

So I went and took a whole bunch of pictures of them and their work. Someday they may not want pictures anymore so I might as well take advantage of it now, right Amy?


And they finished off the day swinging and swinging...
As I post this I realize a whole week has gone by now and I don't know exactly were it went. Randy's home again and we are back in the garden today, planting tomatoes, and breaking up more garden, weeding out the raspberries, etc. More to come...

Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

As Always,

and the sandbox gang!

3 comments:

Carin said...

Those are such great pictures.

My favorite quote from your blog...
It's amazing the creative work that happens when they are trying to avoid doing what they should be doing-like helping in the garden.

I know a little bit about that myself...It's called blogging...

that is pretty much the same around here too =)

Anonymous said...

My kids and I built a sandbox exactly like that in 1999... when they were 5, 4 and 1. Many happy hours were spent there. Love your photos... and yes... take advantage of the photo ops. :)

Lani said...

I remember when the sandbox was built, Alison. ;) Looks like it's getting some good use. Cute little "garden work avoiders" you have there.