Ten Thousand Words

They say "A picture is worth a thousand words." So is a progression of 10 pictures worth 10 thousand words?

One evening when the guys were out harvesting, I made Farmhouse Biscuits for supper and brought them out to the field. These are just biscuit dough stuffed into muffin tins and then heaped with meat/BBQ sauce/onion/cheese combination. Then cooked.

My little farmer boy was very very hungry when I got there. He was on his 3rd Farmhouse Biscuit when I got out my camera and snapped these pictures of him...

As you can see, he is devouring his third biscuit with great enjoyment. He loves these biscuits...

Now a friend shows up in the picture. Colter's thinking, "maybe if I just ignore her she'll go away."

No, she can NOT be ignored. Her eyes are definitely on Colter's prized biscuit...

Trying a little different approach and beginning to drool...
Can a full grown dog use the 'puppy-dog eyes' trick?...

"Oh, come on pal, have a heart for your hungry 4-footed friend!"

"All right you old beggar, let me get you a little piece."

"Here ya go."

Ah yes, it always feels much better to share with a friend!

Hope you all have a GREAT weekend!
Love,

5 comments:

Carin said...

I used to make those biscuits and I forgot all about them. I bet they would be great for harvest days! Great shots you captured! fun days!

Melinda said...

I had a feeling he'd give in to poor ol Tober. He's got too big a heart not too! Thanks for sharin'.

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a great recipe, could you put it on your country kitchen deal? HT

Alison said...

HT
I'll post it!

Alison

Lani said...

I've missed our "frequenter" comments, too. I'll try to do better, but no promises. I'm having a hard time even keeping up with posting. Ha. ;)

LOVE this series of pix, by the way. Too cute.