Flashback: September 2008

Of all the pictures I have taken, this is one of my favorites. Maybe it's because it has my three favorite subjects in it, doing what they love to do- just being kids. Maybe it's because it was taken during my favorite time to take pictures- in the setting sun. Maybe it is because it was taken in one of my favorite places to take pictures- in our back yard.

Or maybe it's because a year has gone by and I see so much in this picture... What we've been through in the last year, the good, the bad, the laughter, the tears. The uncertainty and the unpredictable. But more than that, the stability of God, family, friendship, and new lessons learned in life.

In this picture I see how much my kids have grown. But maybe I've grown too. I hope so.

With warm wishes for the upcoming week,

4 comments:

Kate said...

I love this post! There are just certain pictures that speak to us...aren't there? I have been making a book about our family of pictures about our life. I am constantly looking at pictures, and it never fails that there are a small portion of them that are just the "best" ones. Even if no one quite understands but me...I know I have to include this picture in a layout. :)

Anonymous said...

I can see all the reasons you love this picture. The lighting is perfect. Interesting that you can see the intangibles as well, things not even directly associated with this picture. Growth is a beautiful thing...

Melinda said...

Very touching! I feel what you're saying.

Lani said...

Fantastic picture. Enuf said.