46 of 52: Us and Ours

My Brother, My Sister And I

Do you ever wish you could go back and change the way you treated your little sister and brother when you were young and growing up? I often do.

I would never ever again wear my sister's favorite sweater without asking and get it dirty so she couldn't wear it again for another week.

I would never ever again lay in bed pressing snooze on my alarm clock until I heard my brother's alarm go off across the hall and then run into the bathroom to get ready before him, making it so he barely had time to shower and get ready for school.

I know... I was a terrible big sister! I'd take it all back now if I could... :(

I think they have forgiven me. Maybe... :)

It was great to get together again last weekend to celebrate my brothers birthday. It is such a reminder of how the years fly by! Makes me want to make the most of every time we are with those we love because, one day, they are gone and living their own lives and you realize you can never go back to what you had before.

Our kids all sitting and standing still for a fleeting moment... (Back: Kyla, Colter. Front: Emma, Sarah, Maya, Boyd, Tyler)

Time marches on,



Forever In Blue Jeans
*52 Weeks is a year long challenge for YOU to be in a picture once a week for 52 weeks. We are always the ones behind the camera, this is YOUR chance to get out in front and be in the pictures with your family. We are glad you are joining this challenge. More importantly your family will really enjoy having you in the picture. Thanks for playing along! Oh, you can just jump in now with 1 of 52, you're not getting off that easy! Now go take a picture!


4 comments:

Carin said...

Aw, what great pictures!!! I have one older brother and boy did he pick on me growing up. I would steal his sweatshirt to wear to school so I would feel "cool". But boy would he be mad when he saw me wearing it.

Heather S said...

great shots! I only had one sister, and we got along fairly well. but of course there are things I'd go back and change. what is it they say? "hind sight is always 20/20"

Anonymous said...

Goodness sister, you must not remember all the things I did to you like wearing your shoes even though my feet were a half size bigger, standing at the bottom of the stairs when it was dark and jumping out to scare you, falling asleep before you at night when you were begging me to stay awake and talk. And yes, forgiveness is a wonderful thing. I'm so thankful we have such nice times together as adults. Thanks for the post! - Melinda

Benjamin Ranch said...

Family memories and shared family times...very special!