Soda Bread and Stethoscopes

We enjoyed having Melinda and her boys here for two weeks. Our kids were all sick most of that time but, we did get in a couple evenings together. We miss them now that they are back home but glad all are back to feeling better. Here is some pictures from Thursday evening together...

We have quite a chunk of Irish background in our family. Dad's, Father's family. So every year we enjoy celebrating St. Patricks Da together with corned beef, cabbage, green jello, potatoes (except we forgot them), and soda bread...

The real treat this year was Grandma's new soda bread recipe! YUM! Colter couldn't get enough of this stuff.

Grandpa enjoyed his special St. Patricks day meal surrounded by 5 of his grandkids!
Kyla and Maya had fun decorating and setting the table...
After dinner, Auntie Melinda spent some time with Kyla helping her with her flute...
And the kids spent a while playing and fighting over Grandma's stethoscope. I think Maya might have that probe facing the wrong way in this pictures...
Grandma's lungs sound good...
Little Boyd still wastn't feeling very good here. In to the doctor the next morning reveiled an ear infection. Poor little guy...


It's a beautiful day here again today. Grandpa Larry was here for the weekend and just left this morning. We are TOTALLY looking forward to spring break next week! Hope all are enjoying your week!

6 comments:

Monique said...

Fun to check in & see your recent happenings! It made me laugh when I looked at the look on Maya's face while she watched Colter eating soda bread :) too funny! We enjoyed corned beef & cabbage as well - so good!! Thanks for your comment on my sister's blog!! That was a fun surprise! :)

Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful re-cap of a special time, even though the kids were sick. Fun music too! :-)

Thanks
MaryAnn

Melinda said...

Aw, good memories. Just think of how nice it will be next time when no one is crying or coughing or throwing up! Is that wishful thinking? Thanks for sharing all these pics, I might have to copy a few for my own files. Love ya, Nin.

gkey said...

Dear HappyIrishFamilyLady,
I thought that Gr'pa looked Irish!
We are too, thanks to my husbands family. He is even named Patrick. This time he couldn't find anything green to wear to biblestudy at our house that night, so he said since he shares the name with the holiday no one was allowed to pinch him!
love,
HappyWifeOfAnIrishman

gkey said...

p.s.
Would you consider posting the soda bread recipe for me? It looks like a keeper!
love,
the"soda"Irish Wife

Alison said...

Dear gkey(mother of Rae) ;)

I love your comments! They always make me smile, or laugh!

I will share the recipe. I'll try to get it from my mom and then put it on my recipe blog. I'll notify you here on this blog too!

From, still smilin' in Montana