Another Year Gone By-August 5th

The kids and I with the cake they made me for my birthday.
Maya is wearing a dress that my mom made me when I was a little girl.


My 34th birthday was on the 5th of August. The kids brought me breakfast in bed and I went out to lunch with a friend. Kyla made me this cute birthday cake with a little help from her brother and sister. The next evening my husband took me out for supper. It was another special year and I was reminded again of how much I have to be thankful for!

Maybe it's time to start playing catch-up now. It has seemed a little overwhelming but here's my first try at it. Luckily I've posted through July, so this starts me out at the beginning of August.

We are having a rainy cool day here. The kids are back in school and loving it. We enjoyed our first corn from the garden for supper last night. We have our new windows in the house but still working on trim work. I've started to pull out the maternity jeans and skirts-can't quite handle the shirts yet... That's what's up here!

Hope all are doing well~
Hugsfromus,

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Good to see an update(: Hope you're starting to feel better - we've sure been thinking of you even if I've not called to tell you so.

Darcie said...

Happy Birthday Alison...hope you are feeling well!

Amy said...

I keep thinking I want to leave a comment for Alison!! We continue to follow and enjoy your blog a lot. I loved the harvest pictures again. AND what exciting news about the new baby....such a lucky little one to be born in to your family. Marilyn and Fran are at Mandan, I'm feeling the last minute crunch getting ready for craft fairs. Hope all is well there...