Russian Bakers Dance

It was a busy week last week! On Thursday evening was Kyla's Christmas concert. Here are a few more pictures from the evening...

They did a Elementary student version of the Nutcracker Suite. Here are the toy soldiers and the Russian Bakers. I was able to find the lyrics to the song on the computer and the music but not the words and music together...

♪♫ We’ve got a Russian recipe!
All that a recipe should be!

It makes, it bakes sweet Russian tea cakes! ♪♫

♪♫ We’ve got a recipe so sweet!
It’s sure to knock you off your feet!
It’s baked at night with Russian candlelight! ♪♫

♪♫ First, get the oven hot!
If it’s not, then you may have a big surprise!
Then, butter, flour, and salt, sugar, too,
Fine chopped nuts, a cup will do;
A touch, a touch,
Some sweet vanilla adds so very much! ♪♫


♪♫We’ve got a Russian recipe!
All that a recipe should be!
It’s right for every Russian appetite! ♪♫



♪♫We’ve got a recipe SO GREAT!
We guarantee that it won’t wait!
A bite or two or three or four
Will make you beg and cry for more! ♪♫


♪♫A bite or two or three or four
Will make you SIGH and CRY and BEG for more! Hey!♪♫

5 comments:

Alison said...

Yes you CAN leave comments on this post... :)

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun! Did you end up making her apron after all? She looks darling, and I love the song.

Alison said...

No Amy, I didn't make an apron for her. This is my apron and it ended up fitting her just fine. They threw flour in the air at one point but didn't get it on camera. :)

gkey said...

dear Bouncing Bakers,

Wow, we could have used your music teachers talent a couple times throughout our stints in public school. Sometimes they can be SO good, and you wish you could see them more than once. Looks like lots of fun!

love,
Worth all the practice
in
NE

gkey said...

dear At 28 weeks,

Missed the spot to leave a comment on that post. You look lovely!
I always think of what a dear old friend told me when I was about that far along with my first. She said I was "a beautiful Lady In-Waiting". So I am passing that along to You now!

love,
My days 'in-waiting' are sweet memories to me
in
NE