Memory Lane Monday: Colter's Piano Recital

These pictures were taken back in January of 2009 during a brief period of time when I was not blogging. Colter was in a music class called "Harmony Road" and this was his recital.

He really loved his class and learning how to play songs on the keyboard.

I love these sweet pictures of my little man who was so excited about his recital that day. *smile*

Here he is with his teacher Michelle. She was also my piano teacher when I was in elementary school and later when I was in high-school! Another reason that this is a Memory Lane Monday post!

We didn't continue the music lessons over the past 2 years but have recently started Colter in piano lessons with Kyla's teacher. He is, again, very excited about it and it doesn't take much to get him to go practice so far. Sure hope he keeps his enthusiasm. ;)

One thing we've noticed with our kids is... when we go and sit down and play (even though neither Randy or I are very good pianists) it seems to motivate them and make them more excited about playing too. It also helped to get our piano tuned recently. It really did make a HUGE difference we all noticed!

What's around the next corner on Memory Lane?
See you next Monday!


IT'S A NEW YEAR!!! JOIN US FOR MEMORY LANE MONDAY AND SHARE YOUR PAST MEMORIES AND PICTURES WITH US. 1 YEAR AGO OR 100 YEARS AGO?! LETS WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE TOGETHER!!!

From This Front Porch

Grab my button and take your own walk down memory lane every Monday!
(copy and paste this code)

Don't forget to leave me a comment so I can walk along with you!

3 comments:

gkey said...

dear Making Music Memories,

Wonderful! I so agree with the parent-led-practice thing too. I am trying to sit down and play more at random times. (when I do, I really enjoy it and wonder why I haven't done that more often) The kids all play, (in various levels of skill and enthusiasm)

love,
In tune
in
NE

Darcie said...

I was told that also when our kids took lessons. Sit down with them. :-( We didn't do so good in that department. Hope he keeps up all the good work.

Melinda said...

Wow, Colter is wearing the same shirt that Tyler does now! He's so cute in these pictures, but cute doesn't really fit him anymore. He's just plain good lookin! ;o) Michelle doesn't look a day older than when I last saw her back in '96. What fun - thanks for sharing!