Anticipation!

The kids have started counting down the days until March 5th. Randy had the idea to make a baby chain so they could tear off a link each day until the due date. So here is the chain Kyla and I made. Do you think we'll make it through all those links? It's down to 28 today! Maybe that's not enough!? We shall see...

Today, the kids and I had fun making Valentines for their classmates and teachers. We've been working on some other fun stuff around here too. Randy's been trimming the windows. Kyla's been working on a flannel rag quilt and doing her first Science Fair Project. Colter's been doing some woodworking. Maya and I have been busy nesting. I have a list called "TO DO BEFORE BABY"... wash baby clothes, reorganize kids closets, clean out fridge, wash inside windows, wash baby bedding and blankets, freeze meals, load up freezer with bread... We are slowly checking off our list!

And since today is 36 weeks here is a picture for the curious...
Expectantly Yours,

12 comments:

Melinda said...

I love both this post and "Maya Moments" too! Can't wait for baby to arrive and what a cool idea for watching the days pass. You are looking healthy and beautiful! Love ya, Ninza

Aleta said...

I love the baby chain idea!! That certainly makes it real for the kids...

You look great Alison! You've got the glow.

Love, us

Laura B said...

Yes, you look bea-uuuuutiful. :) I sure think of you guys, I miss my friend Kyla. Please tell her hello for me. I'm excited for the new baby too! :) Love, LB

Leah said...

What a wonderful idea with the "baby chain" - best wishes!

MaryAnn said...

That's great! How fun for the kids. I'm sure that chain will diminish fast (hopefully you won't go beyond). You do look wonderful and I'm so happy for you all. Enjoy!

Love,
MaryAnn

P.S. The Maya Moments is priceless! :-)

The J's said...

The baby chain is so cute! I know the kids would be so excited counting down the days!
You are due right before our daughter in ND (she's due on the 10th). I will be making a trek up to the far North country, so I'm "getting ready" too!

Jackie said...

That is a great idea to countdown to baby! You are looking healthy and happy. Best Wishes,

Andrea said...

What a fun idea to count the days til baby comes! We are excited for you.

Darcie said...

Not much longer my dear! Exciting times for sure. What a grand idea...the baby chain...all in pink.

Wrena said...

:) what a great idea! Reality check and special memories <3 the photo of you and baby bump! How very exciting!

farm kids said...

Thanks for the update on BABY!! Good luck. You look awesome.Your kids are going to love having a little baby around. Enjoy the time.
love n hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Seems like the time has gone so quickly. You look wonderful, peaceful, ready. :) It would be different this time around, having the older kids that can understand what's going to happen. Your chain is a sweet way to help them wait.