Due Date!

Babies Due Date came and went a couple Saturday's ago. I intended to blog about it but haven't gotten around to it until now...

So on Saturday, March 5th, I had had a rough night with Melita and Randy had to get up early and go to work. I finally got Melita to sleep in bed next to me not long after Randy left for work and I was really hoping that the kids would let me sleep in. It must have been a couple hours later that I woke to the sounds of activity in the kitchen. I though "Oh good, the kids are getting themselves some toast." So I laid there and enjoyed looking around at my sweet little one sleeping soundly next to me on the bed (picture above) and then I looked across the room on the wall and saw this...
The baby chain hangs above the changing table in our room and I was reminded that today was the real due date and thankful again for her early arrival. Still 20 links left on the chain! She had already been in our arms for 20 days! :)

When I finally got up to head out and see what was up in the kitchen, I saw this note on the door...
Ahhh, how sweet! It turns out my oldest daughter had the idea to make me breakfast in bed and with some help from her brother and sister she made these biscuits from The Pioneer Woman Cooks...

She ended up making them with half whole wheat flour and Almond Milk instead of Regular Milk (for Colter who is allergic to Dairy) They brought me a hot biscuit into my room with butter and honey on it.

Then I came out and fried some eggs which we enjoyed with more biscuits.

Now as I type this I realize more than a whole week has passed since then. I took out my camera this past Saturday and realized that I hadn't taken a picture ALL week. I guess life has a way of happening and it happens to happen rather quickly at times. It's hard to believe that Melita is already a month old as of yesterday. Time to go snap some pictures...

6 comments:

Melinda said...

This post brought tears of joy! What precious, precious kids you have. I can't wait to spend some time with them! And you!!!

Ryan said...

Awww! Sweet kiddos indeed! Can't believe Melita is already a month! We'll have to try to get together soon.

The J's said...

She is just so sweet!! And what great older kids! :)

Heather said...

so sweet! Kids are the best aern't they? Its a wonderful rewarding thing to be a mother to such nice kids. Melita looks like such a little sweetie!

Benjamin Ranch said...

I didn't realize Melita came almost three weeks early! Hugs to you all. The biscuits look yummy!

Wrena said...

Super treat! and so sweet! sounds like every one is stepping up into a very pleasant sort of adjustment :D