Multitasking And More


Here is a quick post of what we've been up to the last couple weeks. Below Kyla is helping Randy plant the garden. I think this is the corn planting. We all got in on the planting Memorial Day morning and then we went fishing in the afternoon. We've still been having hard frosts in the mornings so we're glad nothing was up yet...

One evening the kids got a ride around the yard on the neighbors horses...

I congratulate myself at times for being able to multitask especially now that I have a new little one to care for. I see that my 2 daughters are also good at multitasking. Here is Kyla holding Lita and playing the piano. Love this...

And Maya holding her little sister as she does a worksheet in school Colter's math book (now that he's done with it). Love this too...

There has been a lot of end of school stuff going on lately. Below is a picture of Colter singing in a little program in his classroom. They sang all the songs they learned through the year and read a little paper they wrote about what they are thankful for. Colter was thankful for lots of things (Melita, his kusins (cousins), mom, dad, dog, cat, hows (house), car, pikup (pickup), nabrs (neighbors), yard, and last but not least, his (other) sisters. :) Here is Colter singing...
Kyla's class went on a fishing field trip. Maya and I came during lunch time and got to see her pull in a little cutthroat. Here she is pulling it in. She didn't stop for lunch at all, as I discovered when I was making her lunch the next day and saw her untouched lunch from the day before. This girl loves to fish...

Maya's class had the neat experience of hatching eggs in their classroom this last month! The little chicks just hatched last week so here is a picture of Maya holding one of the chicks. Can't believe "my baby" is almost done with her first year of school!

We've also enjoyed preps the last 3 weekends. It's something we look forward to all year long. We were so excited to have some company stay with us this last weekend. Sandy...

...and Teresa both stayed with us Saturday night. The kids sure enjoyed having them and so did we! We're excited to see them again tomorrow...

Here is a project I did last week. Try not to be too jealous of our new bench cushions. heehee! This was Randy's idea to use a retired memory foam mattress and make cushions out of it. And what did I do with the leftover material? Make bags of course...

So tomorrow is the last day of school and the first day of summer vacation. It is also the first day of a new year for us! It is a day we always look forward to so much! Right now I realize I'm really multi-tasking as I make cookies and hold a baby at the same time. I'm also updating my blog while washing, ironing and packing clothes, etc., etc...

As I sit here and think back, I remember I was just realizing at this time last year that I was going to be a Mommy again! What a year!!! I wonder what the next year will bring.

Hope all are well and we look forward to seeing many of you these next few weeks!

Love from,
Alison and family

9 comments:

Benjamin Ranch said...

Nice to have this update on all your family! See you soon, hopefully!

Melinda said...

Oh Al, what an AWESOME post! I just loved all the pics and writing. I miss, miss, miss you all so much. Have a wonderful convention!!!

The J's said...

Loved your post!
What great little multi-taskers you have! very cute! We're heading off tomorrow for 4 wonderful days ahead!!

Lani said...

Multitasking queen is right... I am always amazed at how much you get done... and that with four beautiful kiddos and a 3 month old to boot. You amaze me. Loving that material!

Wrena said...

Love your post! Been thinking of you profoundly! Sure it wont stall, while your at such place of dear interest of mine :D... Once again thanks a ton for sharing that sweet baby {HUGS}

Traci K said...

Fun to catch up with your going's on! Love those chair cushions too! Wish we could be at Ronan, but we'll be with you in thought! Enjoy!

Ryan said...

Can't wait to see you! Love the cushions too!

Kate said...

what a wonderful post! We loved having Sandy in our field when Fischer was a baby. We are packing & getting ready for convention too.
Take care & I loved your thoughts about multitasking and all that 1 year can bring.

Heather said...

Cute! Love all the multitasking and love how Melita just takes it all in. Cute cushions! I decided this year that Im officially old enough that my butt now hurts on those benches. So next year I am gonna bring cushions! Memory foam is a good idea!