Holter Lake!

The next two nights on our trip were spent at Holter Lake, a place were Randy remembers coming when he was younger, to camp with family. He also remembers time spent fishing there with his uncle in his high-school days. It was fun to finally see it and spend some time there after hearing so much about it over the years. The days were very warm and we were lucky enough to get a site right near the swimming area!

Here is our little bathing beauty blowing bubbles (say that fast 10 times)...
A lovely swimming area...
...but the little 'bathing beauty' decided the water was much too cold! She didn't even want her feet in it. lol!
So the next day she and I stayed in the trailer in air-conditioned comfort while the rest of the crew swam.

Sleeping sweetie...

And I scrap-booked on my computer! What's not to love!
The evening was beautiful for fishing...
I can almost see his Daddy fishing here 30-some years ago. Not so much has changed...

While we camped here we also got to do something we've (Randy and I) been wanting to do for years-see The Gates of the Mountains! Coming up next...

Have a great weekend!
Alison

6 comments:

Mo said...

Hi Alison! I've not commented lately but have loved your posts! Thoroughly enjoying your trip through pictures! Such great family time.

As a new MT resident, I'm enjoying looking up these lakes on the map and seeing where you traveled. All kinds of places being added to the "I want to see that someday" list! :)

have a great week-end!

Rob said...

Can't wait to see The Gates of the Mountains! Miss you guys - it was so so nice to see you again! -AV

The J's said...

Ah! Wonderful scenery, sounds like your days have been great, and the digi-scrapbooking...yay!!

Jolene said...

Looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

After reading this I have to ask myself why I have allowed so many years pass since I have been to Holter Lake. I only live about an hour from there and haven't been to Holter Lake campground for about 6 years. I will get there this summer!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos.

Betty Figarelle

Andrea said...

Absolutely beautiful...fun to see where your adventures took you after the reunion.