Baby's Place

We have three bedrooms upstairs. The girls have one with no space to spare. Colter has one room and we have the biggest room. I had to shuffle things around a little but came up with the perfect 'shared space'.

Above our bed is a "remake" headboard that I made from an old door back in August of 2007. You can see how I made it here.
Twinkle, twinkle little star...
The changing table is an actual table that I had in our room. I got it and the two chairs that match it for $75 dollars at the thrift store a couple years ago. I just added the changing pad and some storage bins and drawers for diapers, wipes, clothing, etc. The total cost of this set up was around $40...
I like the way the room is arranged. The changing table is easily accessible through out the day, right inside the door...

This bassinet was the one that I slept in as a baby, as well as my sister and brother. The covering of the bassinet was made by my mom just before Kyla was born. The bassinet sits on the other wall right inside the door, so I can easily pick her up and exit the room when she's fussy during the night. It's also easy to peek in and check on her during her naps...

I wanted to share this way back when I was getting ready for Lita to arrive but she came early, and, well... I never got back to it until now.

Very soon she will be moving out of our room to her crib across the hall... post to come. I like to think that I will have this post to look back on so I can remember this space and time.

From betterhouskeeping in MT,
Alison

4 comments:

Heather said...

I still love that duvet cover! :)

Melinda said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I think your gonna hafta have another one. Lita's growin up too fast!

Lani said...

Comment above spoken like a true sister. ;) Love your ingenious way of making things work. So sweet and cute and creative.

Jackie said...

Nice to see how other moms do it. We have a postage-stamp sized house and I am stressed about where the new baby will go! Fortunately a few friends gave me ideas--one said that our laundry room looks to be the coziest spot in the house and I never thought about that!!