Alaskan Rain Forest








We really enjoyed our Sunday walk through the rain forest. I wonder if Karen and I would have enjoyed it a little less if we would have seen this sign BEFORE we went on our walk. The men decided not to point it out to us when they saw it at the beginning of the trail, but I noticed Uncle Joe looking around for a big stick... (here, let me hit YOU with that!) Maybe us ladies should not have been yacking so much and paid a little more attention. Well, at least we had two men and a big stick to protect us...

Needless to say, it was a beautiful walk through the lush, green island forest. Huge tree, huge ferns, abundant mosses, huge patches of Devil's Claw, huge leaves... you get the picture. I can see why huge Mama Bear and her huge, little ones would want to hang out here. So glad we didn't run into them!

Another HUGE thank you,
Alison

No comments: