Simplify: Week 5

* I meant this post for a week ago but never got in completed until today. Have lots more to share coming up. Happy Weekend! *
Time to get rid of stuff again. A never ending process around here.

I took the time to go through Randy's stuff this time. I got rid of a lot of his clothes including an old green Levi shirt he used to wear when we were dating. (above) I've always had a hard time getting rid of that shirt because... well, I'm just sentimental like that...

Anyway, I thought it was time to get rid of it and realized it was just wasn't worth keeping because he doesn't wear it anymore and it's out of style. Just as I was thinking that I looked at the tag on the shirt and it said "Quality never goes out of style." Well sorry Mr. Levi shirt, this organizing mama is sending you on down the road and maybe someone else will appreciate your style. I gotta be tough with myself sometimes like that...

This project was partly inspired by Joellyn's Organize Your Hand-Me-Downs Post a couple weeks ago. Even though I go through the kids clothes a couple times a year, I found there was plenty of things to get rid of.

So, this stuff is staying...
And this stuff is going... (it's already gone!!! Yippee!!!)

It was sad to see most of my girl baby clothes get stuffed into the bag. :( But I did save a few things out... I'm just sentimental like that ya know...
These special little outfits went right into their keep sake bins. Also, all the homemade things I got for the kids go into their bins too. There is just no toughing it out for me when it comes to this stuff.

And let the fun continue,
Alison

2 comments:

All American Family said...

I'm actually working on getting clothes out of here too! It's hard, but sooo worth it once it's done!

Carmyn said...

..."I gotta be tough with myself sometimes like that." HAHAHA Loved that! I understand completely. I miss you!