A Trip for Two


Colter and I took a trip to Spokane at the end of June.
It was absolutely beautiful there.
I managed the "big city" traffic okay, but I had my moments.  eeek!
We missed the rest of the family, but mostly...
It was great to have one-on-one time between just him and I.
I think, as a parent, it's good to make these moments
or days or even weeks together with each one of my kids in turn. 

Just the two of us...


Colter and I had our lunch times and evenings together.
Manito Park (thanks Dee!), Riverfront Park, Cabelas, Swimming, 
and an evening with the Smiths and Grooms (special!)

Colter was busy much of the day which left me time to explore around Spokane.
And shop.
And walk, and walk, and walk.
It was a good break.
I loved visiting the Davenport Hotel.
Beauty. History. Elegance.


The streets of Spokane are truly lovely.
It was all so different from my home sweet home.
We loved visiting for the week but were so ready to return
to our home. Our wide open spaces.  Our family.


Anyways...
These are just a few pictures from our week.
So we can remember it,
and share it with the rest of the family.

Thanks to Grandma who watched the three girls,
because Daddy was in Las Vegas all week for work.

All for now!
Love, Alison

5 comments:

Benjamin Ranch said...

beautiful photos and collages!

Ryan said...

Fun to see photos - love all your updates! So good to spend some time together - Miss you!

Melinda said...

Very cool photos. Colter is really changing, looking so mature! So nice you had that one-on-one time. Thanks for sharing!

MaryAnn said...

Ya, that is cool ~ one on one time is the Best!!! Lucky Colter, lucky you :) Your photos are very cool :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! And what a handsome kid... he's looking taller!

I really did leave a part of my heart in Spokane. I hope I get to go back again someday.