August Birthday Girl

It was fun to spend our last evening of camping in Glacier Park having a birthday party for Kyla on her special day!
Remember it is the year of "decorate your own birthday cake" here at our house?
Well, that was the plan, but Kyla got back from Jackson Hole a little too late on Sunday night
to share in decorating her cake balls, so I had fun decorating them all by myself.
I found out that cake balls don't turn out quite as nice as cake pops and they are quite a bit
more difficult to dip.  But they were still fun and I was glad I could freeze them all week
to keep them fresh and unbroken. They were as yummy as ever! 
My Mom had found the cute ice cream bowls on clearance at Joann's Fabric's so I threw together
a simple ice-cream/candy shop theme.  She LOVED it!

Another Happy Birthday Kyla!
We love you!

3 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

Awwww...what a cool party!

Benjamin Ranch said...

perfect birthday party for your sweet daughter!

Lani said...

Almost a teenager! Happy Birthday, Kyla. Looks yummy and fun.