Saying "Good(why do they call it good?)Bye"

1

I snapped these pictures this morning as the kids and I were dashing out the door for school and Grandpa was getting ready to head over the mountains toward home.  It'll be a long drive for him (500 and some miles) but he assured us he'd stop along the way for rests and walks.  The doctor was very pleased with his condition yesterday and told him he could skip his appointment in another 2-4 weeks.  Sorta sad for us who thought he MIGHT be coming back... but, happy too, that his back surgery has been such a success!   The Nurse told him he would be able to be "buckin' bales" in the next few weeks (if he had any bales to buck! ha!)  We do see some "fall farm work" in his immediate future though...



We are very sad to think of Grandpa not being here anymore. I know the kids are really going to miss him.  Grandpa's room was a very strong magnet for them these last 2 weeks and I think he enjoyed their company, coming and going, throughout the day.  I know Randy and I will miss his calm and peaceful ways as he just "fit in" with this busy, sometimes crazy life we live...


Speaking of crazy... this is the way my son chose to wave goodbye to Grandpa as he drove out of the driveway.  Is this just a built-in reaction for a ten year old boy when emotions are running high?  Or did he just want to make sure Grandpa saw him as he drove away?  Maybe we will never really know...


Goodbyes are never easy.  But we all reminded each other this morning that we'll likely be seeing each other at Thanksgiving and that's coming up...like... really soon! 

Best of Days Grandpa!  Here's to a new back-pain-free future!  Hope you can make it okay without your little helpers :)

"Good"bye!  from us.

P.S.  Speaking of special people... It's my Mom's Birthday today.  Be sure to tell her "Happy Birthday" if you see her today.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

P.S.S.  I forgot to get the pictures off of Randy's phone last night so I don't have a Friday Photo Dump ready for today.  I'll have to wait till I get his because he has some of this weeks "significant" picures on there.  Maybe I can post later tonight or tommorrow. 

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Wow, that's great that all went well with his surgery. I can imagine the kids will miss him. So nice you had that time together.

Yes, Happy Birthday Mom!!! Wish I could see her! Giver her a hug from us!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes!! I had a very nice day!! Looking forward to being with you tomorrow!!

Love, Mom

Andrea said...

We're so glad things went well for Grandpa Larry. We surely thought of you all...enjoying him...for those weeks after surgery.