Our Family Trip 2015 : National Presidential Wax Museum!


The next morning, we got up and headed to Keystone, South Dakota to visit the National Presidential Wax Museum.  I remembered being there as a child and thought it was amazing so I wanted to go back with the family.

It was neat to see all the life size wax Presidents and learn about how they were made.  Its a major process that goes into making each figure.  Each of us had a electronic devise we held to our ear and it would tell us about each scene in the museum.  Here are a few pictures but so much, much more to this museum...




















Like I mentioned, an amazing amount of work goes into making these wax figures, but what I was reminded of again was what each of these men was really made of...  

I love museums and history and it was alive and well in this place!

Onward we went to the edge of Rapid City and ate lunch at Sonic.  We don't have Sonic around us so it was a bonus to eat there...


The Shakes were a "treat" too!

Next Stop... snakes, spiders and crocodiles, Oh My!

1 comment:

Linda H said...

I'm enjoying reading these posts about your family road trip! We hit Sonic when we're traveling too .... and yes, we think their milkshakes are excellent!!