Gone Hunting 2009

Early morning in The Breaks

Randy and his Dad met at one of their favorite hunting areas to go elk hunting. Randy was lucky enough to get an elk right away, so they headed back to the farm and he tagged a dear too. Here are some pictures from their hunting trip.


Taking the shot...

The elk ran down this ravine and fell into this tight spot...

Now the work begins...

Dad and Randy with Cow Elk

His very first Elk!

The scenery of the morning...

The Bone Trail

The road to no where...


A barren land...

Randy took this picture at Sunset...

They went out the next day and looked around some more...

And then hunting back at the farm...

Dad, even though you didn't get your name drawn to shoot an elk this year, you sure got some great shots! Thanks for sharing all your pictures with us! We all enjoyed looking at them and entering into your hunting trip.

and family

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the hunting pics. Makes me homesick for Montana and the fall trips to the east side. Really enjoy the blog.
Unc Joe

Anonymous said...

Dear Alison,
These are awesome!
Love, Rae

Anonymous said...

Look at that country... I think I could go "hunting" just for the solitude. I wouldn't have to shoot anything, would I?

Melinda said...

Such neat pictures. Brings back memories of hunting with Dennis H. down by Brodis. Rambling around in the old '65 Chevy, trampin' out across no-mans-land, tryin' to sneak up on a herd with nothing but a low hill to hide behind. What fun!

Carin said...

Wow, talk about an interesting spot that cow fell into! Reminds me of Charlie Russell's painting "Meats not meat till it's in the pan". Beautiful country I need to check out.

MaryAnn said...

Congratulations Randy!!! Looks like a nice big elk you got there... and a cute little deer to complete a great successful hunt!

Elk jerky is quite tasty ;-)

Beautiful photos too.

Benjamin Ranch said...

Nice to share in the elk hunt!

Darcie said...

I know my dad and brothers have got deer stuck in some interesting places, but I think this one may take the prize. I will have to show it to my dad when they come out for Thanksgiving. Great pictures!