41 of 52: Flashback -January 1997

Grandma Alice and Grandpa John~52 Wedding Anniversary
January 21, 1997

I wanted to post this picture last week but didn't get it done so thought I would do it today. It was a special year in my life when I got to live next door to my special grandparents! I will always remember them and all they meant to me. I miss them so much and often wish I could load up my family and head over to their house on these cold winter evenings to sit around their table or around the hot fire and visit.

Forever In Blue Jeans
52 Weeks is a year long challenge for YOU to be in a picture once a week for 52 weeks. We are always the ones behind the camera, this is YOUR chance to get out in front and be in the pictures with our family. We are glad you are joining this challenge. More importantly your family will really enjoy having you in the picture. Thanks for playing along! Oh, you can just jump in now with 1 of 52, you're not getting off that easy! Now go take a picture!

14 comments:

Marice said...

awwww sweeet! i miss my grandparents too :)

u may view mine here

Heather S said...

how special. our kids are just a short walk down the drive from one set of grandparents! My folks are on the other side of the state.

Kate said...

My kids are really lucky to be able to live right next door to G'pa and G'ma. This is such a sweet picture!

Darcie said...

Grandparents shape us so much more than they(or we) even realize, huh? Thanks for sharing this picture with us.

The J's said...

Love it!
We were close to my grandparents all the time after I was a teen, & my kids spent hours there!

Carin said...

What a sweet post. You obviously have such wonderful memories of special times. I'm so glad you had such a close relationship with them! <3

Wrena said...

thankful for pictures! Great memories, and awsome examples!! <3

Benjamin Ranch said...

Very sweet picture of John and Alice. They were much loved by family, for sure, but also by everyone who knew them!

Erin said...

That is such a cool picture! What a terrific memory...

MaryAnn said...

Thanks Alison - that's a great picture of you w/ them. Yup, sure do miss them ~ they were very wonderful parents!!! I feel more blessed as every year passes for the childhood I had, and adulthood too ;-)

I was so glad you could live w/ me and be near them - we had some very special times!

Anonymous said...

John & Alice were some of the sweetest people I have known. Thanks for sharing this photo. I like how the one cake says "your lives inspire us all". That was so true.

Betty Figarelle

Kat said...

52 years! What a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Grandparents are missed forever. I never lived that close to mine, but my husband has special memories of living near his grandparents.

Did you make their cakes?

Alison said...

Amy, I actually live within the same town as these grandparents most of my life so I feel very lucky. One year I spent living with my aunt right across the driveway from them. That was very special!

Yes, I made the cakes. :)