Reminiscing

These pictures were from August. I took lots of garden picture in August with the idea of posting some of them this winter when I would need a little extra encouragement. Well, so far I haven't seemed to need the extra encouragement until now. Tonight I just felt the need to go back to August and take a walk through the garden.

These pictures are of Maya. So often in late summer I would send her out to pick something out of the garden for supper. She LOVED her little chore SO much. She would always bound out the door with so much eagerness and I remember watching her bounce up and down, just barely visible above the rows.
I think this time I sent her out to pick peas. Peas were one of her favorites. We will have to remember to plant more this spring.
Here she is giving me a thumbs up!

It is only the 1st of February tomorrow and in our part of the country, February means there is still a lot a winter left. But really it's only 6 short months before we'll be picking stuff out of the garden again. I guess it's all in how you look at it...

Have a wonderful February!

5 comments:

Darcie said...

Strange that I was thinking of your garden last time I hopped over to your blog. Thanks for a quick snap-shot of what is just around the corner called "winter"!

Melinda said...

That was encouraging for me too! I think I might start growing some greens on my kitchen counter just to perk me up in the morning ;o) Maya, you sure are a sweetie and such a big help!

Lani said...

I don't know how you do it. The gardening AND the surviving such long winters. Just wanted to drop in and say "hey" and let you know I haven't completely abandoned blogging. Ha. Headed for beach front on Friday. Can't wait! Thanks for a few pictures to "warm the heart". Hugs.

Ryan said...

Ahhh...GREEN! Sure can't wait to see more of that! Fun pick-me-up(:

Heather S said...

You're right. it's all in how you look at it.. and that picture is lookin' good!! :)