45 of 52: In My Country Kitchen

Here I am* with Maya in my kitchen this afternoon. We are making Savory Stuffed Chicken Breast with Plum Glaze from allrecipes.com for supper. We are looking forward to company tonight!

There's my cookbook in front of me... do you see it? Yes, my computer!

Oh, and have you gone over to our recipe site yet and checked that out? It's called Country Kitchen Recipes and it has lots of tried, true and delicious recipes on it. Check it out at www.countrykitchenrecipes.blogspot.com.

You know, cooking is not my favorite "chore" in the world. I would much rather iron. But, sometimes blogging about it makes it funner. And, my ironing pile has just reached mountainous proportions! So tomorrow I will attack my ironing pile. Maybe I'll get that in a time delay photo for next week!

Alright, back to the kitchen...



Forever In Blue Jeans
*52 Weeks is a year long challenge for YOU to be in a picture once a week for 52 weeks. We are always the ones behind the camera, this is YOUR chance to get out in front and be in the pictures with your family. We are glad you are joining this challenge. More importantly your family will really enjoy having you in the picture. Thanks for playing along! Oh, you can just jump in now with 1 of 52, you're not getting off that easy! Now go take a picture!

12 comments:

The J's said...

oh my! I'd rather cook any day than iron!! I just made that berry coffee cake & put in the freezer for my company this weekend! I also just took out PW's cinnamon rolls from the oven, UMMM!

Heather S said...

i'd rather cook than iron anyday too :) i don't mind cooking at all, and have an easy audience to please.. but i get sick of the same 'ol thing.. but my family is happy to eat them..so I shouldn't complain!

Our new fav.. creamed corn from your website! yum, yum!

Kate said...

I just put your breakfast casserole in the oven for dinner. We are having breakfast for dinner tonight! Loved this post, and I plan to take a look at your recipe site soon to be inspired again about cooking. :)

Wrena said...

I adore the moment you just shared! My husband is looking for me a "cookbook" LOL so many uses who could live without one ☺

Carin said...

I'll take the ironing... and vacuuming the whole house for that matter. I love your kitchen, that wall art you have is beautiful!

Alison said...

I think what I like about ironing is that I don't have to use my brain to do it. ;)

I do enjoy cooking... in a quiet kitchen, with a well planned, thought out meal plan, and someone going behind me to clean up my mess. It' just doesn't happen in this house! ;) I think you said it Heather, I get sick of the same old thing too... It's fun to try new stuff but then I have to use my brain and it just doesn't work in a noisy, unplanned, messy kitchen!!! ;) wink, wink, wink!

Anonymous said...

I cook from my laptop quite a bit these days, too. Such an adorable picture of you both!

I don't love ironing but I don't mind it, either. I usually save it up for a few weeks, then rent a "me movie", one only I would enjoy, and watch it while I iron. I'm actually off to do that this morning. Can't wait to see the bottom of the ironing basket!

Anonymous said...

I too would much rather cook and do dishes than iron! Hope you get to enjoy the sun today.

Melinda said...

So sweet!

I enjoyed cooking much more B.C. (before children.) Now it seems I can't just go in the kitchen a whip something up, or focus on a nice meal. I know I'll enjoy it again someday, though!

Kat said...

Oh, I would take cooking to ironing any day! I use the computer alot of recipes now, too. I adore cookbooks and have a huge collection which I keep adding to. And I keep wondering "why?" since really any recipe is at your fingertips on the internet. I haven't said that out loud, ever! If I admit it I might have to get rid of my books:)

Kat said...

Oh, I would take cooking to ironing any day! I use the computer alot of recipes now, too. I adore cookbooks and have a huge collection which I keep adding to. And I keep wondering "why?" since really any recipe is at your fingertips on the internet. I haven't said that out loud, ever! If I admit it I might have to get rid of my books:)

Marice said...

what a lovely photo :)

sorry for the late visit!
u may view mine here