Memory Lane Monday: May 2001

after this drawer got emptied countless times, I finally made it into a toy drawer

How I miss those simple days with just her and me. She turned my world upside down along with our house... and they were some of the best days of my life.

With each new baby came more challenges and joy was multiplied. But there is nothing like the feeling of being a brand new mommy.

Every day I realized, like her, I was learning so much and as I sit here exactly 9 years later, I realize I am still learning so much.

My hope today is that I will continue to be teachable.



What's around the next corner on Memory Lane?
See you next Monday!


From This Front Porch

Grab my button and take your own walk down memory lane every Monday!
(copy and paste this code)

Don't forget to leave me a comment so I can walk along with you...

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh how true. She was such a beautiful baby too! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorite pictures of little Kyla, Thanks for posting it!!! Luv, GQ

gkey said...

dear MommyhoodMusings,
Sweet.Sweet.Sweet.
Yes, I agree with the 'first-time- feelings' of becoming a Mother. We had over 5 years before our first was born. So far, AT THAT TIME we had 4 nieces and 2 nephews on my side, and 11 nieces and 8 nephews on my husbands side, we thought we had seen about everything. But NOTHING and NO ONE could have prepared us for the incredible feeling and depth of love that First baby~(a girl, like yours) brought into our lives. I have often wondered if the first one got more benefits because of that than the others, but maybe it all evens out because of the lessons we learn and the experiences we have, that hopefully help us become better over time.
love,
Still LOVING more and
Learning more... (hopefully)
with 6 kids and 3 grands
in
NE

Benjamin Ranch said...

she was adorable...and a very special daughter always. thanks for your recent post about her trip with Grandpa and Grandma. That will be a special memory for a long time!

Anonymous said...

Ours was the tupperware drawer and tin cans from the pantry. I just knew to wash everything before I used it! Toys wouldn't have been nearly so much fun as stacking and unstacking cans and bowls. Darling picture!