Memory Lane Monday: Memorials


Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
~From a headstone in Ireland



Better than honor and glory, and History's iron pen,
Was the thought of duty done and the love of his fellow-men.
~Richard Watson Gilder





When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
~Author Unknown




Happy Memorial Day Everyone!


What's around the next corner on Memory Lane?
See you next Monday!


From This Front Porch

Grab my button and take your own walk down memory lane every Monday!
(copy and paste this code)

Don't forget to leave me a comment so I can walk along with you...

7 comments:

MaryAnn said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful memory post!!! I like your choice of song, he is one of my favorite pianist. Luv, Mom

The J's said...

WOW, these are just so beautiful--along with the words!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting John and Alice's grave marker on here so I could see it. They were truly special people...and what a beautiful family and legacy they left for this world.

Annie Watts

candy said...

So precious to look at your pictures. I would have loved to be at that very cemetery today! Glad you were though.

gkey said...

dear Meaningful Memorial Memory,
These are the sweetest cememtary scenes I have ever seen!
I even enjoyed the Spring Montana sky above them.
love,
The silence in a cemetary sends a living message to me
in
NE

Melinda said...

What a meaningful outing for everyone. Tyler was wondering what all the stones were about, so it was an educational opportunity for him too. He has yet to be to a funeral he can remember - so much to learn still! Thanks for sharing!