Seizing My Cookbook!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you again to Jenn over at Seizing my Day for this wonderful signed Pioneer Woman Cookbook!


I have purchased two of these cookbooks so far for gifts but had not bought one for myself. A couple times when I was in Borders I had it in my hands and then I would go put it back on the shelf. My practical side would argue that I could always look the recipes up on the PW Cooking site. But it is always nicer to have the cookbook right in your hands! And it's even more special when it's been signed by the person who created it!

So, what a surprise when I posted a comment on Jenn's blog and won! A few days later it showed up in my mailbox! I was so excited to get it and try it out. Here are some things I tried so far...

Olive Cheese Bread was on the menu one night with Shrimp in Butter/Garlic and Spinach Salad with Avocados. I've made this bread before and we really enjoyed it and thought how good it would be with crab, so this time I substituted imitation crab meat for the cheese. YUM, YUM, YUMMY!
Then one day I made the Braised Beef Brisket! It is out of this world. You must try it if you haven't!!!
Along with the brisket I made this dish. It's not in the cookbook but it was SO good so I took a picture and I'll share the recipe soon with you at Country Kitchen Recipes. It's OH SO easy...

The kids had an early out at school last Friday so we made cookies together. These are the Oatmeal Crispies (MM's favorite cookies). I didn't have pecans on hand so I substituted walnuts instead. The kids all had fun mixing and stiring...



And we all had fun eating them. I also used half the sugar that it called for and they were very good and wholesome tasting!


Other great recipes I've tried or eaten...

Pico De Gallo (Yum)
Cinnamon Rolls (Yum, Yum)
Iny's Prune Cake with Buttermilk Icing (Yum, Yum, Yummy)
MM's Favorite Sandwich (Yum, Yum, Yummy, Yum)
Macaroni and Cheese (Yum)
PW's Mashed Potatoes (Yum, Yum)
Chocolate Sheet Cake (Yum, Yum, Yummy, Yum, Yum)

Other recipes I want to try...

Huevos Hyacinth
Edna Mae's Sour Cream Pancakes
Potato-Leek Pizza
Simple, Perfect Enchiladas (TONIGHT)
Mocha Brownies
And all the rest!

You can find ALL these great recipes and SO much more right here!

Thanks again to Jenn for the cookbook and for the 4 leaf clover!

Feeling Very Lucky,

9 comments:

Lani said...

How fun. And mmm mmm yum. I want to come to your house. What time's dinner? Enchiladas you say? Thanks for the tip on those cookies. They sound yummy and I bet half the sugar makes them even yummier. I've got my eyes set on making some peanut butter balls soon. Saw the recipe this morning and have been craving them all day today.

Melinda said...

Glad you're enjoying the cook book. We've been savouring tasty meals out of it for the past two months now - thanks to you!!!

Heather S said...

I've been debating on getting PW cookbook for awhile myself.
her recipes look great!

The J's said...

LOVE my PW cookbook, and it's always more fun when you win one, or someone gives you one!--It's the sharing the love thing :)

I wanted one so bad, so I bought myself one--then my sis bought me one, & insisted that I keep it & give mine to someone else. I gave it to my daughter for her birthday this month.

Carolyn said...

We had your Apple & Cinnamon muffins for supper tonight. I served them with a very unique soup....turkey & cranberry soup, with a fun combination of vegies! And am going to use your baked salmon recipe for noon tomorrow! I don't need to google recipes while I am cooking here at Ronan....all I need to do is check on your blog! THANKS!

Anonymous said...

Yum, Yum is right, grandma's going to have to steal a couple of those grandkids over here to help me stir up a batch of those cookies! Glad your enjoying your new cookbook. Love, Mom

The Rancher's Wife Kate said...

I absolutely love my PW Cookbook. The olive cheese bread is one of my favorites. However I haven't been cooking from it very much because it is not very "weight watcher-ish." :) I don't think the ladies at my meeting would be very impressed with me if I brought olive cheese bread. HA
So now I only cook from it every so often.

gkey said...

dear Winning Cook,
Glad to hear you are having a grand time cooking with P-dubs cookbook. It really is a winner! My little sis gave me mine last Fall, and now i have a great time giving them away as gifts to special ladies in my life: daughter, sisters, and friends.
Your photos of the food/kitchen/cooking are wonderful.
love,
Trying and loving everything in the book
in
NE

Seizing My Day said...

The Sour Cream Pancakes are SO good!! I have made them faithfully every Saturday since buying my cookbook! A new family fav! ;)

Funny ~ you have cooked many of the recipes I have not tried yet! I can't wait to make MM's fav cookies!
You even made the Prune cake! and liked it?!!

Have you tried the Angel cookies ~ to die for! Her Perfect Pot Roast and Mashed Potatoes are delish too! and the Guacamole Oh My!!

I am still happily cooking one recipe at a time ~ I cut sugar and butter portions a bit too! ;)

I will admit ~ her meatballs and chicken pot pie are not as yummy as mine!! well... I like mine better anyway! he he

Such a lovely post! and your food looks amazing! Glad you are enjoying it!!