Memory Lane Monday: Chevrolet Runs Deep

This picture was taken at Thanksgiving time in November of 2005. I think the picture was taken by Auntie Aleta and I had some fun editing it.

The most outstanding thing about this old 1947/48 green 3-quarter-ton Chevy is that Great Grandpa Alva and Great Grandma Ruth would travel with all 4 sons in it across Montana to visit family. Our family makes the same trip several times a year and it takes us about 9 hours in our air conditioned/heated, roomy, comfortable, quiet, speedy van. Makes me glad and thankful for modern convenience.

But I kinda like this old truck, I really, really do!

What's around the next corner on Memory Lane?
See you next Monday!


From This Front Porch

Grab my button and take your own walk down memory lane every Monday!
(copy and paste this code)

Don't forget to leave me a comment so I can walk along with you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That photo would make such a neat Christmas card with some red accents. I love it!

Betty Figarelle

Andrea said...

I just love that old truck! Those little ones are so cute.

Aleta said...

I really love that old truck too! And those sweet kiddos! Thanks for posting...

gkey said...

dear "It's an Oldie but a goodie",

You must remember to take another photo sometime with these same kiddos a little older...and again even later on when they are mostly grown up.

love,
The perfect backdrop
in
NE