Another Reason to Love Pregnancy


When I was experiencing "pregnancy induced, all-day nauseating sickness" through the summer months, I got to the point where just the smell from opening a bag of bread from the store would send me to the bathroom to throw up.

Now, you might not think the smell coming from a bag of bread is a bad smell and really it's not... and I can't explain why these things happen, but, it would happen and I couldn't do anything about it at the time. Maybe some of you have had similar annoying experiences?!

Anyway, in September when I started feeling better and had a little more motivation and energy, I dusted off my bread machine and went about making my own bread again, and I haven't bought any bread at the store since. We love this recipe! I've found that it's very simple to make. The only problem is the frequency of which I have to make it. We are looking into a Bosch Mixer and then I can do 8 or more loaves at a time. WoooHooo!!

So, some good can come out of "pregnancy induced etc. etc. sickness" too. That's what my husband said the other day as he was enjoyed a warm piece of bread right out of the oven. Silly guy! We all know that lots of good can come out of it! I do wonder though, how long will it be before I can open another bag of store bought bread and not feel like gagging...

Enjoying warm bread in this cold country,


P.S. Why do the books call it "morning sickness"!? It just isn't RIGHT!!!!!

P.S.S. Don't tell anyone, but one of my favorite things is to put butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon on top of a piping hot piece of bread, or two or three... Ummhmm... Just another reason to love pregnancy. ;)

7 comments:

The J's said...

That looks delicious, and reminds me that I need to bake again. Once I started doing homemade, I can't go back to store bought! I used a bread machine for some time, but I like doing it by hand. My other oven would do 6 loaves, so I could make & freeze, this oven will only do 3.

Alison said...

Hmmm Maxine, I wonder how many loaves my oven will do... I'll have to figure that out. I like doing the 1 pound loaves because they are a good sandwich size so maybe I can do more than that.

Heather S said...

mmm.. it's hard to beat fresh, piping hot homemade bread! Today's a good bread making day!

Ryan said...

I sure hope pregnancy is not a requirement to love butter, sugar and cinnemon on a fresh piece of bread or two!(: If it is, I'm out of luck!

Alison said...

Jeannie, pregnancy is not a requirement to love it but I do use my pregnancy as an excuse to have 2 or 3 pieces of it... ;)

Jenny said...

My mom has had a bosch for years and years...I think she got it probably 20 years ago already, hard to believe! She still uses it weekly and bakes about 8 loaves at a time. She also grinds her own wheat for the bread, and she adds whole flax seeds to the dough...healthy but good!

gkey said...

Dear Pane Bello {Beautiful Bread},

For years Mom would say "Homemade bread: its the staff of life". I always think of that when I bake it. Looks like you have a good recipe. I do have a bosch mixer, but I am needing to order a new part for it. In the mean time using the Kitchen aid, even though it won't do as many. Love doing 6 loaves all in Longaberger loaf pans (FINALLY...it took awhile to collect them ;)

love,
Bread (anytime...with anything...)
at
KeoniCountry
in
NE