Happy sp-RING!



These cupcakes have a story...

The first full week we were home with our new little baby was a week of adjustments and setting new priorities for me. It also happened to be one of the busiest weeks of my year. One of the "events" of the week was Kyla's half birthday at school. You know, the celebrations they have when their birthday happens to be in the summer monthes. Anyway, it had been set up way back at the beginning of the year that she would celebrate that week and she had signed up to bring in cupcakes on Thursday, the 24th of February.

I didn't have any cake mixes in the house but I had it written on my grocery store list. As the week rushed on, I realized I was not going to make it to the store. Finally on Wednesday afternoon, the thought hit me that I could actually make cupcakes from scratch! Turns out I had all the ingredients in the house for both the frosting and cupcakes. When Kyla got home from school we made the cupcakes and frosting. After study that evening, we decorated them. And then I breathed a sigh of relief for the 100th time that week. Another huge accomplishment that would have been only a little detail in my "before baby" life.

The cupcakes were a hit. Luckily she brought home several uneaten ones so I got to try one. They were so much more moist and dense and delicious than the box made cakes. They were so easy to make too! I immediately decided I would not buy cake mixes anymore but just make my own.

So I posted the recipe here if you would like to try them.

*Enjoy!*

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing....Benjamin's half birthday is today (5 1/2??!! how is that possible?) & I might just have to make them for him! Fun.

Wrena said...

Pretty and fun - pretty fun - I have also enjoyed seeing just what I can pull off without running to the store in ever drop of a hat


Well done HIGH five Mom and K.