Kyla's Work and Play

Recently Kyla took part in the Science Fair at her school. The collage above shows her doing her experiment. The experiment was to find out how salt and sugar affect the freezing time and temperature of water.

Below is a collage of her putting together her Science Fair Board. A big part of the project is how you present the project and tell others about it...
She found out that salt and sugar both slow down the freezing process and that both salt water and sugar water have a lower freezing point than plain water. Salt was much lower. She participated in her school Science fair and in the County Science Fair last week where she received a red ribbon.

I remember doing science fair as a child too and really enjoyed doing it with my family. It was fun to do it with Kyla and I suppose we'll have many more years of doing it now.

Have you or your child ever taken part in a Science Fair? What project did you do?

And, here is another activity that Kyla participated in recently...


Can you tell I'm just having to much fun with these collages? :) I recently got "My Digital Studio" from Stampin' Up and am so excited to try it.

All for now,

3 comments:

Ryan said...

These pics bring back memories! My favorite part of the science fairs was creating the boards. Can't imagine why!(:

And the PE teacher in me loves the second collage! Keep it up Kyla.

Melinda said...

Love, love, love all the collages. Looking forward to seeing your creations in "My Digital Studio."

Great job on the science fair project, Kyla. I did the same experiment one year, but you presentation would have far outshined mine! Keep up the good work.

The video of little Melita melted my heart into a little puddle of joy and love!

gkey said...

dear, SO Science!

We are a bunch of science junkies. Jax went through a long spell of freezing experiments....always so amazed at how they turn out!
My favorite science fair project from the public school years was when LanMan built a catenary arch. (Like St. Louis) It was so interesting and he enjoyed the whole process and presentation.
Looks like Kyla is a very neat and organized 'scientist'. Great job!

love,
The science of it all
in
NE