All About Melita Lauren

Here I sit with my sweet baby sleeping next to me on the couch. Like someone said recently about me "You've waited a long time for this..." It's true. I never looked at Maya as being my last baby and I really don't think Randy did either. We always thought we would probably have another child but for the past six years we have always felt like the time just wasn't right... we were maxed out.

Over and over I would tell myself that, likely I wouldn't have more kids and that I needed to move on with life and just accept that. I did accept it many times as I argued with myself but the longing would always come back again... I am so SO thankful now to have this little one and thankful for the timing of having her. It's a time our little family will always cherish in our hearts for the rest of our lives.

I wanted to write about her name and how we chose it. Before we ever knew we were having a girl, I started thinking about names. I had lots of boys names in mind but was having a hard time coming up with a girls name that I liked. Both Randy and I have one sister and the thought came to me one day that we should somehow combine their names "Melinda" and "Aleta". So the name "Melita" was born. I asked Randy about it and he really liked it. It turns out the name means "sweet as honey". I like that too!

All of our kid's middle names are after their grandparents- Kyla "Jean", Colter "Steven", and Maya "Judy". The only grandparent we had left was Grandpa Larry (Lawrence) to name our little one after. I have always liked the name Lauren for a girl and that is the feminine name for Lawrence, Larry, Loren. So we decided on Lauren for a middle name.

Then we had an ultrasound and found out she was going to be a girl so... Melita Lauren it was!

Here are some of my favorite pictures taken by Randy and I these last 2 weeks. The above picture was taken 2 Sundays ago. Do you like her little bow? It was made by our friend Wrena. Thanks Wrena for the bows for all three girls! They are so cute!

Another picture from that same Sunday of all 4 kids together. And another one of Melita with her eyes open (below)

She likes to sleep on her tummy (below) for her naps. At night I swaddle her and put her on her back in her bassinet. She sleeps till about 3 o'clock most nights. I really enjoy those hours of uninterrupted sleep because after her 3 o'clock feeding she doesn't always go back to sleep very good. I'm lucky that I can take naps during the day though so can't complain.

We are seeing those eyes more and more as the days go by. She is mostly content and quiet. She does hate two things so far... her bath and her car seat. The kids really don't like to hear her cry very much so hopefully they get used to her crying all the way to school. Better yet, maybe she will get used to her car seat and bath and she'll stop crying. :)

Lots of kisses from Maya. She thinks she is pretty lucky to have Melita all afternoon to herself...

After coming out from doing laundry one evening, I found this... heartwarming...

Colter can't go to school without holding his sister in the morning...

She had her 2 week appointment on Tuesday. She was up to 8 pounds and had grown and inch. Sometimes I feel panicky when I realize how fast she is going to grow and change. I just want to hold onto this little new born baby sweetness and dependence for a long time. I know the months will fly by to fast. So, I remind myself to enjoy every moment. That's all I can do...

10 comments:

Aikande said...

Sweet Alison, I well remember the new excitement of your first pregnancy with Kyla. Now you have four beautiful, growing up children. I don't know your family :( but I am so touched by what I see of amazing parents you and Randy are! And how you keep up your wonderful blog (and all your beautiful creativity that you include in it) while keeping your house running smoothly is outstanding. Super Woman! Thank you for sharing. Hope to see you all some day before your 4 are in college! :) Love and hugs form your cousins in Maryland, Bryan and Celia Hansen

Carin said...

Loved this post. You have such a beautiful family! Beautiful name and so creative too.

Wrena said...

I love how you picked her name. I was thinking the other day and surprising I wasn't to far off :D
What a special picture with big sister reading her bible with her (HEART IT)
Thanks for sharing all the photos

Ryan said...

Sweet pics - every one of them(: Can't wait to snuggle with her!

gkey said...

dear, About that baby.....
Very special post for Melita Lauren. I have only heard Melita once before. Years ago, some CA friends had a daughter with that name. Both names are so sweet, as is the meaning...and perfect for that little Valentine.
I have a precious photo of our 2nd girl (10 at the time) reading her bible while holding newborn baby sister.....
love,
Treasuring those newborn days
in memory
in
NE

Joellyn said...

Just heart melting and beyond precious.

Darcie said...

Almost crying over here by all the precious love that is going around in your home. I adore the picture with big sis...her two treasures...her bible and her sister. Your children are all just beautiful beyond words. So happy for you all!

Melinda said...

It's just wonderful how the kids are enjoying her. The crying does take some getting used to. And they may have to. Monte is nearly six months old now and still hates his car seat! Fortunately he calms down after 10min or so. He loves his baths now, but even that took a while. Glad you're getting some uninterrupted sleep and glad you're taking time to enjoy every moment. You are so right, they just seem to fly by. Love to all of you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Alison, You know how to tug at the heart strings. That pink skin is so sweet I can almost smell it. All of my kids hated their carseats... I always heard, "Oh, we put them in the car and drive them around when they get fussy... they love it!" That was never true. I remember dreading going anywhere until they turned a year old and could face the front and then they were happy.

Carmyn said...

I missed you all Sunday! Your family is just beautiful- I love the photos. The sweetest and as you said heart warming, is of your oldest and youngest. So very sweet!