Memory Lane Monday: Remembering Japan

Our thoughts have been with those in Japan recently as we read and watch the devastation and destruction that has unfolded in "The Land of the Rising Sun" these past days.

I went back to April of 2008 for these pictures of when Randy visited Japan for work. His time was spent mostly in Nagasaki and in Imari, a more rural area in Southern Japan. He did spend a little time in Tokyo as well (above). The picture was taken from the top story of Japan's tallest building "Sky Garden". To see more the rest of his pictures that I posted back in April of 2008 click here.

The picture below is one of my favorite pictures of all time. I love how he captured the beautiful mountainous countryside of rural Japan as he was speeding by on the highway.
I can't even begin to imagine what these poor people are going through and what their country is experiencing right now. My heart goes out to them. My little problems seem so small and insignificant in comparison.

What's around the next corner on Memory Lane?
See you next Monday!




From This Front Porch

Grab my button and take your own walk down memory lane every Monday!
(copy and paste this code)

Don't forget to leave me a comment so I can walk along with you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to imagine having seen it in such pristine beauty and to think of the destruction, now. I'm impressed with the Japanese sense of order though, that somehow still seems to prevail, even in the chaos. My heart breaks for them...

Melinda said...

I can't stop thinking about that little country too. The people who watched their homes float away, the parents who lost their children and the children who lost their parents. It's heart-wrenching. Sobering. Disasters can happen anywhere. So I hold my family tight and cherish every moment with them.