Bunny Birthday

Kyla's a pretty typical 11 year old. She had a whole list of things she thought she would like for her birthday... $ for clothes, a cell phone, iPod, laptop, horse... With the exception of the '$ for clothes', the answer on everything else was "no" for various reasons, etc, etc, etc...

Then one day a cousin mentioned giving her a bunny for her birthday. After that it was bunnies, bunnies, bunnies... She talked about them, researched them, and dreamed about them. That was something Randy and I could live with.

So her birthday celebrating started out last Sunday night when I took her and 4 of her friends/cousins out to eat together at a restaurant. We had a great time and our table was very lively, giggly, and silly. I just kick myself that I didn't get a picture of everyone but I totally forgot. Driving everyone home afterwards was a great time too! Then Kyla and I enjoyed a beautiful drive through the country on our way home that evening, talking about many things including...bunnies. I really value these times more and more with my sweet young lady.

Finally Tuesday evening it was time to go pick out a bunny! (Thank you Sage and Heather!) That evening Daddy put together the new bunny hutch we got Kyla for her birthday...

Her birthday was actually Wednesday so we fixed curry pork and rice (her choice) for supper and then went to Mom and Dad's after Bible Study for cake! Rich chocolate cake with strawberries and Bunny Tracks Ice Cream...
Here we are gathered around the table. We got to celebrate with Loren and Dustin too!
Kyla spent yesterday with Grandma, going shopping and meeting Grandpa for supper. She got to spend the night at their house too. I told her we are going to celebrate all week and we have! ;)

So, we've been taking care of her bunny since she's gone and we all think she's pretty cute. I hope little Kalula likes her new home as much as we like having her here...

Happy Birthday my 11 year old!
Alison (aka "Mom")

8 comments:

Jessie K said...

Adorable bunny! That's great that she wanted one... so much cheaper than the cell phone, ipod, laptop, etc, etc, etc! Makes me wonder what it's going to be like in about 7 years when my first turns 11!

Mo said...

Adorable bunny for sure! What a great gift!! And the skirts in the last post are so cute! Have a great rest of your week-end!

Ryan said...

Was fun to meet Kalula! And to see the rest of you. Thanks for letting us crash for the night. Happy Birthday, Kyla!

Melinda said...

Very special birthday for a very special girl. Love the new hutch too. And the skirts. And the baby food. By the way, I'm using my coffee grinder to grind oats now too. Just put a have cup in our pancake batter this morning - yum! Also love the photos of the kids and the wedding page. You inspire me!

Lani said...

Awww... Kalula looks wonderful! Happy Birthday to Kalula's sweet new "momma". ;) I'm thinking I had a bunny cake for my 11th birthday... not near as fun as a real bunny. You'll have to let me know how it goes. The only pet Craig and I would entertain thoughts of keeping is a bunny. But Kekoa and Gavyn will have to figure that out first. Ha.

tjp said...

What a sweet bunny (and girl!). I have great memories of my bunny pets when I was young, too.

Heather said...

aww, this made my heart happy. Nothing like a bunny and a girl. Im sure that will be the most loved bunny ever!!

Paige's Parents said...

That picture of you all at the table is great - Grandma's got one grandkid on her lap and Grandpa has another one on his lap! Gotta love those cuddly grandparents!!!