Pictures From Our Weekend...

















It's times like this that I'm fully aware that I only have 2 hands. And when those 2 hands are already taken up with more important things, the camera has to be left behind. And then there are the times when my hands are idle but I decide to leave the camera in the case and just enjoy the moment. Because of these reasons, I didn't record some of the special time spent with family this weekend, but hopefully we will always be able to remember it. I'm sorry to our family who weren't able to make it. I hoped to take more pictures than I did to share with you. Maybe someone else got some good ones of Friday night and the luncheon on Saturday.

Thanks Tom and JoEllen and Girls, Roger and Linda, Darrell and Ruth, Brian and Roxie, Dick and Lois, Bob and Marilyn, Don and Joanne and all of your families for EVERYTHING. And Thank you to everyone else who I missed. It was all so special!

5 comments:

Raimie said...

Dear Ali,
Ok, those flowers are breathtaking! and I love the cemetary with the hills shot.

Even as avid photographers we sometimes get the feeling that the camera clogs the moment and we have to let it go... there will always be other moments to capture, other people's faces to stick our cameras into. :)

Love,
Raimie Lu

Aleta said...

Thank you, Alison.

I was looking at my pictures of Grandma's funeral the other day. That cemetery has a unique, raw, natural beauty that even a camera can't capture. I'm thankful I was able to be there for Grandma's and feel I can enter into Grandpa's somewhat.

Darcie said...

These pictures are so moving, so poignant, so thought provoking.

(((hugs)))

HrdWrknmn said...

The picture of the casket spray is beautiful! So good to see you and yours even if it was a short bit.

Melinda said...

The colors in that first photo are stunning! Thank you for sharing these. Would have been so nice to join you there.

Don't faint, but I'm considering a re-entry into blog land. Maybe tomorrow. Like I said though, don't hold your breath and pass out on me ;o)

Love all your posts, the photos and the narrative, and especially the poem about the moon. Eric spoke on that very thing today - reflecting the true light.

Take care!