Home Of The Ten Cent Cup of Coffee

Saturday afternoon found us down at "the home of the ten cent cup of coffee". We enjoyed a lunch out with Grandpa and Grandpa accompanied by (uh-huh) a 10 cent cup of coffee. This is small town stuff! If you come in for just coffee it'll cost you $1.25 for that cup though. Yeah...

We also enjoyed live entertainment, on the piano, by the kids. Christmas tunes ya know...

A stroll through the grocery store on our way out. It all looks so good and colorful! We turned it into a "modeling session" for Kyla's new skirt that I made her the night before from this tutorial. Took one hour to make the skirt...yeppers, it did!

Penny candy or eye candy- whichever you prefer!

This little place was a store I used to avoid but now I found it very pleasant. Wish I lived a little closer. Anyway, it made for a pleasing, unhurried and very "small town" afternoon!

So, here's what's going on here...
-Randy is off starting tomorrow until the new year (hopefully). Honey do list?!?! Oh yeah!
-Kids are off starting on Thursday through the new year. Parties tomorrow at school so getting ready for those. Parties, parties, parties!
-Lita is still rubbing her ears after 2 double ear infections these last couple months, and antibiotics. Now we're just doing ear drops and I'm watching her temp. Any ideas? poor baby. Oh, did I mention she's been popping teeth one right after another. Poor, poor baby!!! Anyone want to do night duty?
-Special company coming Wed! So, so excited...
-And I made some fudge yesterday along with some other goodies. Why, oh why did I do this?!? I hope it doesn't do me in.
-So, I'm off to attack my "to do" list for the day!

What's going on with you all lately?

Happy Holidays if I don't see you again! Looking forward to a New Year! Hugs all around!
Alison and family

6 comments:

Ryan said...

Sounds like you've got lots going on - Have a wonderful break!

P.S. Hope Lita starts feeling better - I'd offer for night duty but we've got a teether here too...

P.P.S. Love the skirt - you're getting quite productive!(:

Joellyn said...

I love Christmas break. The girls finished school yesterday!
Poor little Lita. I hate those antibiotics. They are so hard on their little systems, aren't they? I would probably do what you are doing also. Of course, you don't want them to rupture either. My older two ended up with tubes at 13 months. I know you probably don't want to hear that, but it did work!

Melinda said...

Ha! Sounds like you may have already sampled a bit of that sweet chocolaty stuff?! Maybe with a cup of highly caffeinated something or other?!

Naw...just kiddin'. I'm pretty excited about now too. So excited I can't figure out what to pack next! But I better get myself together here quick! See ya soon!

Laura B said...

Hey I really like Kyla's outfit! Fantastic!!!! SO CUTE!

Unknown said...

Nice post -- good of you to publish Lovie's mural at Sykes....! Happy Holidays to you all.

Anonymous said...

Try a chiropractic adjustment for those little ears...