For Those Who Need an Update...

Our camera has plenty of pictures documenting this first year of Lita-Girl's life. Lots of firsts, lots of happy moments to remember. Here's a few from this last month...

how many babies can YOU hold at one time?

and if you have to drop one, which one should you drop?
maybe the one who's got it's fist up your nose...

this works great when Mom asks you to take care of the baby
so she can PLEASE GET SUPPER MADE...

this little girl loves to play with her toys!
as long as she's not hungry or tired...

she's happy in her highchair for a while but when you put her down it's go, go, go...

last Saturday was the very first day that Melita went out to play with the kids in the snow...
maybe mostly because we haven't had much snow this winter!

she loved it (contrary to what the picture says)!
it was a good twenty minutes before Kyla brought her back in the house...

Here are some more things I want to remember...

-She has had more ear pain this last week but I have been making my own olive oil/pressed garlic ear drops and putting them in her ears. They work great!!! She doesn't smell so well but hey... it's better than the sleepless nights and doctor visits. ;)

-The other day I was putting foam curlers in Maya's hair. I was sitting on the couch with Maya in front of me and Melita was in her little walker. I was trying to keep the comb and curlers out of her reach but forgot once and set the comb down right on the edge of the couch. She grabbed it and made a mad dash down the hall in her walker. We all just couldn't help laughing and laughing. :D

-She loves her little walker and knows how to stay right in my way with it and she thinks its funny to run into my feet. Hilarious in fact, because of my anticipated "OUCH". It started out as a little game between the two of us but now it's not so funny! This is always interesting when I'm trying to make breakfast and lunches for the kids so I can get them out the door to school. Oh yes, she has a way of starting out my day just right. ;)

-She is now doing the sign language for "food or hungry" and she says "num-num". She tries to say the kids names now but doesn't do the consonants very well yet. Today she said "Amma" for Grandma. She knows the works "no-no", "please", and "thank-you" very well. In fact when I walk toward her saying "NO NO" she holds out what ever she's holding that she shouldn't be and says, "tant-oo, tant-oo". Too cute! Whenever it gets really quiet in the house, I know she's into something. I just have resorted to keeping most doors closed!

-She's standing up and walking along the furniture. She got her first bruised cheek the other day when she tumbled against one of the kitchen chairs. :(

-She's still a squealer and a giggler.

I know there is probably more that I'm forgetting. I really need to write these things down. Wait... I am writing them down (pat pat on the back).

Have a great week everyone!
Alison

5 comments:

MaryAnn said...

So cute! She is growing up so fast and of course is soooo precious! :) And yes, even though I live near, I am one that needs an update ~ so near and yet so far away ~ crazy how life is, ugh!

Ryan said...

Love it! So fun to read what she's up to and to see her big sibs loving her up!

Miss you guys and so good to talk to you the other morning!

The J's said...

Aw! Loved the update! and reading a few posts back looks like I need to send my address!! :)

Unknown said...

Awe! And love the pictures with the dollies! Such good helpers you have! Oh, and flat Colter arrived here! I'll get him sent on on Monday!

Melinda said...

I love how Kyla, Colter, and Maya have fun with her and help take care of her. She's like a giant, interactive, real life toy! It's so wonderful you have her!