Simplify: Week 6

This week I wanted to share our library/playroom in the basement. Besides having fun this holiday season, Randy and I were busy working in the basement finishing window casements, organizing and cleaning. The bookcases above are a new addition and the kids like to call this area our library. It sure is nice to have a place to put all those books that used to lay in piles in various corners throughout the house. Much simpler to find the book we're looking for now too! Yay!

Below is the playroom part of the room. Randy made the bookshelf/toybox on the left when the kids were toddling around. It stores all the picture books and Highlights. The rest of the playroom is organized on the shelves-games, puzzles, toys, stuffies, etc...
In the middle of this room sits our old dining room table. It's a great place for overflow when we have company, or doing projects with the kids or laying out sewing projects. Kyla's currently working on the quilt below for her new room...
And I've been working on my sewing/craft room. It also doubles as a guest room. I can't wait to get it done. It'll be nothing too fancy but it will be a place that I can work easily. The goal is organized and simple! :)

Have a great weekend,
Alison

P.S. I'm working on my next Simplify project as we speak. I'll share it next week. It's making me REALLY happy!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's fun to know I've rambled around that space! Bookshelves are the very best addition to any room! Looks like a pretty quilt going together on the table... I watched my sister piecing a quilt before Christmas and it "kind of" made me want to try one again. We'll see... I'd much rather organize! :)