Couple Things

While I continue to go through our holiday pictures, I wanted to share a couple things (would you like some chocolate?)...

1. I have three bags of chocolate chips left over from my holiday baking. I'm trying to figure out what to do with them (besides taking pictures of them). Should I give them away or should I save them (eeek!) to make something for my family or a potluck or something else? Decisions, temptations, decisions, hmmm...

2. Lita's doing good now and is sleeping through the nights. We switched around our sleeping arrangements over the holidays and she's finally working into a good routine. She's been sleeping from about 8:00 at night to about 6:00 in the morning. Ahhh, sleep is a wonderful thing! ;)

3. I've been reading Little Britches by Ralph Moody before bed to the family. Everyone should read this book several times in life. So very good...

4. This beautiful bouquet was delivered to our house during the holidays. WOW! It was so pretty with the red and white carnations and green boughs and then a few days later these beautiful lilies opened up! It was just so lovely and it lasted until now. Thank you MaryAnn!

5. Colter and Maya are all excited about Lita's first birthday since all the Valentines stuff and hearts and chocolate is showing up in the stores now. I guess it's safe to say I'll have plenty of time to plan this birthday party.

6. Kyla made this paper mache' gift for me at school. He's the cutest Santa Claus ever!

7. I've been informed that chocolate is in a food group of it's own. Some people have suggested that it might not be a healthy choice to give up chocolate completely. Gulp.

8. Yesterday I went to town with no coat. Only a long sleeve shirt and vest. Is this weather for real? I'm loving it! Oh, Randy said some weather man said that winter will hit in February. I think I better get rid of the chocolate.

9. About the chocolate chips? I didn't eat one single one! The truth! So far, so good...

10. I have lots of New Year Cards to send out... hopefully soon. Send me your address if you've moved, or if you think I don't have it and I'll be sure to send one your way. hugsfromus(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Have a wonderful Wednesday,
Alison

3 comments:

Ethel said...

make truffles with them ..gift box them up ...i can give you my address! just kidding. give them away if you want or sneak a few yourself..but, i think i saw somewhere you're not eating chocolate...what a sad thing! have a great new year!!

HrdWrknmn said...

I was going to say keep it and make something with it later...but after reading your previous post I would have to say get rid of it!! If you are as addicted to chocolate as I am I could not have ANY in my house without eating some now and again! You are a little crazy but more than that you are BRAVE!!!! However it is not as hard as you would think I have it up while expecting our first and (all caffeine) and it was not even a temptation to me. So best of luck to you in the new year!

Melinda said...

You are so cute. Love this post!

Seriously, get rid of the chocolate. I'm staring at the picture and drooling. If I could reach out and take a handful, I would. No will power. Get them out of the house!

Love ya, Ninza