Lessons Learned From My Children #9654


I love our afternoons. Usually Lita has had a good long morning nap, we've had a good lunch together... toasted cheese, banana and milk (today), and then it's time to get busy exploring, playing, and exploring and playing some more. After a good rest and a good meal, I've noticed her happiness and contentment. It really would be better described as pure joy! She is so much more responsive and open to correction during these times. When I tell her "no" because she shouldn't be playing with something, she just holds it out to me, smiles, and moves on to doing what she's meant to do... explore and play and learn some more.

When I thought about his today, I realized that I can apply this to myself... spiritually. When I'm near the Shepard, well rested and fed and nourished with all the good things he has for me, I too know this happiness and contentment. Pure joy in fact. And it's much easier to take the correction he offers which is always for my good. And, what a glorious feeling to give up the things I hold on to so tightly and just move on! One thing is clear... I must continue to "rest in his care" and "feed upon the bread of heaven."

Have a great week everyone!
Hugs, Alison

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Well put. A good lesson for me too. Love these little ones.

Tamara Erickson said...

Beautiful thought.

Wrena said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Mo said...

Love this post and the thoughts you shared!