Spring Burning


Burning-April 2012

Springtime in our area usually means burning.  I loved seeing father and son working together burning all the tall dead grass across the road.  I remember worrying, while I snapped the pictures above, that the wild flowers would be damaged by the fire. 




It was only a couple weeks later that the kids came running in the house with their black covered fists filled with colorful flowers from across the road!  I didn't get a picture of them this year but it reminded me of this picture that I took last year of the bouquet of flowers that Colter brought in for me from across the road. 

Now the black is gone, replaced by bright green.  I really do enjoy these views "from this front porch".
Alison

2 comments:

Raimie said...

Dear Ali,
Love the idea of fresh starts.
Beautiful flowers and a darling son.

Love,
Raimie

Melinda said...

I like the facial expressions. I can almost feel the heat. Also love that last photo - how true, how true!