One of the Best (and Worst) Ten Hours of my Life...



I had a lot of fun making this video so I hope you enjoy it.  I started by putting our entire "Family Reunion at Glacier Week" into one movie but soon realized it was just too much, so I split out this hike and made a movie all it's own.

I won't mention how long it took me to create it. I will, however, justify my time by convincing myself that it's my form of scrapbooking, my hobby, my calm in the midst of the busyness, if you will. You get the picture.  Right? Good!

Moving right along...

A big thanks to Keith and Melinda for planning this time together.  I can't tell you how SPECIAL it was to have almost 10 hours of uninterupted "sister time".  That hasn't happened it, well... forever!  It pretty much brings tears to my eyes when I think about it... 

And moving along again...

About the storm.  Yes!  It was scary.  To be on an open face of a mountain, miles of open space, with the thunder, lightning, hail, rain and wind beating on you.  All the cameras were hidden away during the worst part so we didn't get any pictures of that.  And we couldn't stop much anyway, for fear of hypothermia or getting struck by lightning.  Seriously!  We really were lucky to make it out alive.  And, Grandpa and Grandma, who had all our children, were lucky too, I'd say. 

By the way...

Thanks Grandpa and Grandma, for watching all our seven children for 10 hours!

And...

Thanks to my husband, who was right by my side (or behind me) through the entire storm.

The End

P.S.  Okay, I might be exaggerating a little tiny bit...  But not entirely.  Not much at all!  Really...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Glad it ended with smiles!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! You do a great job with the videos, Alison... however much time it takes.

Melinda said...

Hi sista, what a great video of an extraordinary day. I don't think you were exaggerating. Through the storm I was reminded of that entire party of 13 climbers that were struck my lighting on the Grand several years ago. It was a very real possibility. Sure glad it ended well. Next time I'm going to carry a big rain poncho and zip the legs on my pants BEFORE it starts to rain. But I'm just not sure I want a next time ;o) Love ya!

The J's said...

Wow, what incredible beauty! It looks/sounds like quite the awesome experience!

jkbyrd said...

From a flatlander (FL), the scenery is beautiful. Glad you took the time to make the video. I must say your are a braver soul than I!!! Enjoyed the virtual hike (well, with the exception of the thunderstorm!).
Love your blog.

Lani said...

Gorgeous! A friend of mine got caught in a thunderstorm on the way back from a CO guided hike and he said it was pretty wild. You are just so close to the lightning when you are up that high. What did Laura Ingalls Wilder always say? All's well that ends well. :)

Benjamin Ranch said...

beautiful, rugged, awesome, powerful nature....you captured it well and thank you for sharing....

Ruth S. said...

So beautiful!

MaryAnn said...

Well, I put it in full screen view on my big iMac computer, sat back and thoroughly enjoyed it Alison. What a beautiful slide show and perfect music!!! Thinking of you all up there enjoying sister time and all even brought some water to my eyes ~ soooo happy for you all, what a great day!!!

Thank you so much for all the time this took ~ I think it was definitely worth it - good job!! :) Love you!

Anna said...

i enjoyed the video!