Skimming off the Cream


Lake McDonald in October-taken by Randy

I feel a post welling up within me today.  That doesn't happen very much anymore.  I attribute that mostly to my little toddler who, on occasions, runs around the house with a spilling box of baking soda or an open permanent marker.  I do a lot of chasing. She regularly climbs up and teeters on the edge of the tables and chairs. I do alot of sprinting.  She continues to be a handful in every way so  I stay pretty active.  She fills my heart with joy untold.  I do a lot of laughing, and playing and loving.  So while Melita is down for her nap today, I will write... *smile*

***

A conversation with myself: Skimming off the cream.

Myself: "Don't you think that this "friday photo dump" routine  is kind of just hitting on the high points of the week?  You know, like kinda sugar-coating your life?"

Me: "Sugar-coating something suggests that you are making it better and sweeter than it really is.  My goal in my friday posts is to just skim the cream off the top of our week.  Each week brings us the ups and downs of raising children and the piles of dirty laundry, bills, and decisions that seem to big for us to make.  There are days when we just want to hide away at home, and days when we just want to get out of town.  The vicissitudes of life...they happen to us all.  So thankful for so much "wonderful" in life, and someday, on the shores of eternity, I am pretty sure I will not want to remember the bad and the ugly of our little life. Only the good, yes, only the cream on top."

Myself: "Carry on then, carry on..."

Me: "Speaking of... I better go and take some pictures for my post!  See you on Friday."


1 comment:

Jessie K said...

Mmm... vicissitudes, what a yummy word! And conversations with self are sometimes the most enlightening. Oh, and PS, I read that "Carry on then, carry on..." in my best mental British accent! :D