Back to School-2010


The first day of school for these kids was September 1st. Here they are ready to go out the door. Maya was very excited to finally be able to join the kids in this magical place called school!

I love the picture below of the kids. I took it two days earlier as I was making breakfast. I was having them get up and out of bed a little earlier to help them adjust to their new school morning hours. Here they are gathered on the chair doing a picture puzzle together. So long summer...


It was a difficult morning after I dropped them off. I came home a moped around a bit but very soon I got in the car and headed to the school to pick up Maya! She is in a half day class so... not so bad! She was bubbling and bursting with excitement and happiness... and she still is! Love her enthusiasm. I need some more of that!!!

Kyla and Colter are both enjoying school too. Colter is coming along well in his reading and he says math is his favorite subject now. ;) Kyla has noticed this year that she has a lot more responsibility and homework. I've noticed that too.

Happy school year to all!

5 comments:

Laura B said...

I LOVE THESE KIDS! :) So fun to see them. Tell Kyla hi for me.

Raimie said...

Dear Morning Mama,
They look so happy and excited... glad to see you are as behind as i am... I still haven't posted my 'first day of school' pix.

Love,
Golden Rule Days in NE

Jenny said...

Wonder if Kyla and Rebecca have the same workload? Rebecca has 50 minutes of homework every single night. It gets to be ridiculous!

The Rancher's Wife Kate said...

Next year is going to be the start of school days for us! It is good to read about others experiences, and see that it really isn't that bad. :)
Thanks Allison.

gkey said...

dear School days,

I know the year is already half over, but fun to see what yours looked like when it was still fresh and new! Oh, that little kindergartner would be a 'pro' by now I bet. I loved those 3 of mine that got half~day~K, and one who got half day preschool 2 days a week. It is just right, even though it does seem like a person can barely get started with anything and the clock says its time to go pick them up!

love,
Fresh school faces
in
NE