Happy May Day!

I captured these flowers in May 2009 and wanted to share them for May Day today.


I got up early this morning and went out on a walk. The mist was hanging in the air and there was thick frost on all the new buds. It's like everything is just waiting to grow. Waiting for the sun to smile down on it. It was so cold. But the birds were still singing. I guess I can sing too...



It was good to be out on a walk. It's been a while. Today is going to be a good day. A very good day,
Alison

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely quote and beautiful photo! I'm often inspired by the birds song too!

Ryan said...

Yikes! You were out on a walk THAT early!?! That's impressive!(:

I love the flowers too. Can't wait to see a few pop out.

Alison said...

Jeannie, I actually did this post the night before and had it set for 6 in the morning. Then after my walk at 6:30 I updated my post. ;)

Darcie said...

Happy May Day to you too! Peeked through post that I have missed...sounds like you had a busy and full April!