More Melita


So many people have commented on how much Melita looks like her Daddy. I like this picture (above) of the two of them.

I see how much she resembles her Daddy when she smiles. When they smile, their whole face smiles- especially their eyes :) This is one of the first things I noticed about Randy when I first met him!

Colter wanted me to take a picture of her with these pajamas on her because they were a gift from his teacher. I love how these pictures show so well what she looks like most of the time when she's awake...
Sometimes in the evening, after the other kids are in bed, Randy and I sit with Melita on the loveseat and just talk and play with her. I think we are both enjoying her more than ever because we both realize how fast she is changing. She often distracts me from my daily duties!


We do have a few other things going on right now... only 10 more days of school, field trips, programs, summer planning, preps and convention coming-YAY! Oh, and Mondays the big planting day!

My thoughts have also been with so many around the world these days. So many have lost so much. So many lives have been lost as well. I am so thankful for each day I have been given but realize that my life could change at any time. It is a reminder to me to use my time wisely.

Just this for now,
Alison

5 comments:

All American Family said...

You know you're KILLING me with these right?? ;) Melita is such a precious, precious baby girl and I know y'all are enjoying her so much. Thanks for sharing her with the rest of us.

Mo said...

How adorable! Amazing how much she changes every time you post new pictures! :) Thanks for sharing!

Wrena said...

I guess it safe to say I agree! I was thinking long ago, that baby looks like Karla's baby picture. But when some one told me who out kids looked like I'd like how or where lol but she does resemble her Daddy, Grandma, but if she didn't .... jk whiteout a doubt she is and will be lil Melita! Thanks for sharing!! She is beautiful!

The J's said...

She is just precious! I can just "feel" how much you are enjoying her by seeing these pictures. It brought back memories of our 5th when it hit me like a fright train how fast time goes, how quickly babies change and grow, and I spent as much time as I could rocking & playing and although loving the new accomplishments, also not wishing he'd "hurry up and do something new"!

Benjamin Ranch said...

what a little sweetie you have! I hope to meet her soon :)