Such A Sleepy Girl

I think I mentioned before how much Melita likes to be cuddled and fall asleep in our arms. Well, it hasn't changed much. I think most babies are like that! Here are some of my favorite pictures of her sleeping. In the picture below, Colter asked if he could hold her so I could finish breakfast one morning. He sat down and rocked her and pretty soon she was asleep. He was SO pleased. :)



I must record some more about Melita's now so I can remember it for later...

Since about 2 months old she has been sleeping through the night. I usually nurse her around 10 o'clock and swaddle her and put her to bed in the bassinet in our room. In the morning when Randy gets up at around 6 o'clock he gets her and gives her to me in bed. I nurse her and she goes back to sleep on my pillow until later in the morning. Only once and a while does she break her routine but more than ever I realize what a lucky Mom I am!

She has never taken a wa-wa so we finally gave up on trying to give her one. She doesn't suck any fingers or blankets either... or should I say YET!

She takes long naps throughout the day and is always SO happy when she wakes up.

She still doesn't like her car seat but is getting more used to it finally. She just won't sleep in it very often!

She is enjoying her baths more and more and smiles often when she is having one.

When I tell her we are going to go and get Maya from school she smiles and starts kicking her feet. I think it's just because I'm talking to her but sometimes I wonder... The same thing happens when I tell her we are going to go get Kyla and Colter. *BIG smile*

She is able to sit in her Bumbo more and more and is starting to look at and respond to toys. Sometimes she even makes a swipe for them.

Her smiles and "talking" is more and bigger these days! So precious!

I have some more pictures to share of her and some 3 month pictures to come. Just this for now.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Alison

4 comments:

The J's said...

Such precious pictures!! Love the one with big brother!

Anonymous said...

Love looking on your blog as usual and catching up with all your doings! Such a precious picture of Melita and of course the other 3 Know you are busy, but you make it look easy, love and miss you all
Aunt Susie

Jackie said...

Wow! Sleeping through the night at 2 months!! You must know what you're doing by now :) Hopefully my next baby is a little more like that. Great photos, she is such a doll.

Melinda said...

Ah, my heart is warmed. She is just so sweet. And sleeping so well, that's wonderful.

Loved the piano videos! They were brave and did a great job on their pieces.

On forgetting the yeast: good to know your fix. I have been known to role small balls of yeastless dough into flat pancake shapes and bake them for hamburger buns. A bit dense, but they work :)

Let me know when you figure out how to ALWAYS remember the yeast, and how to ALWAYS remember to turn the oven off! It's a good thing my VERY observant husband makes a sweep through the kitchen every now and then ;)