Memory Lane Monday: "Long Ways Back"

Remember my Auntie Karen and Uncle Joe that we recently visited up in Alaska? Before we left on our trip, I packed a bar of Heathers Soap for Karen to enjoy. In a comment the other day she wrote about the soap...


"I love the fragrance - takes me back to my youth (long ways back)."


When I saw this picture today, I knew I had to post it! Guess who is right smack-dab in the middle of the picture! Auntie Karen in her youth ("long ways back")...isn't she sweet! And that's my adorable Mother to the right in the picture and their other sister (my aunt) Joanne. Also pictured are my Great Grandparents and my Great Aunt. I just wonder... where did their paths take them after they got up from the breakfast table that day?

What I also love about this picture... the patterned wall-paper and table cloth, the Wheaties and orange wedges on the table, the pitcher and dishes, my Mother's little outfit, Great-Grandma's apron and Great-Grandpa's suspenders. Talk about true vintage! I really could just look and look at this picture-the sweet faces and my grandmothers, Alice's bright and inviting breakfast table. Old pictures...just another thing I love!

BTW, don't forget to enter my giveaway for a bar of Heather's Goat Milk Soap! It ends Tuesday evening. Just leave a comment here about something you love and you're automatically entered!

See you around the next corner on memory lane,
Alison


From This Front Porch


Copy and Paste my button. I'd love to walk along with you down memory lane!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodmorning Alison, What a fun picture, where did you find it? It brings back many wonderful memories. That wasn't great-grandma's kitchen though, it was your grandma Alice's kitchen (our farm place out by Foy's Lake). G&G and Aunt Olga must have been visiting us from Wolf Point. Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I forgot to sign the above comment, It's your dear old Mom.

Alison said...

Thanks Mom! I changed it! Wow, so this is the Foys Lake house. SO cool! Thanks for sharing!

Raimie said...

Dear Looking Back,
Those kind of pixs are THE BEST!

I wonder if our world will look as "cool" and "retro" and "vintage" to the next generation... maybe that's a good excuse not to throw away your stuff... it might be WORTH something SOMEDAY...

HA! or not! What's left of my sanity is worth a tad more than living with leftover cereal boxes and such for 50+ years! :)

Love,
Leave Only Pictures in NE

tjp said...

What a neat picture...fun to see family resemblances from years ago. Love the wallpaper, too!