Sunday Evening...



We have started a new Sunday evening tradition around here!  Along with Daddy's kettle corn, the kids have been taking turns helping me make juice.  Tonight was Maya's turn to help.  This juice consists of beets, carrots, kale, cilantro, apples and lemons.  Then we add a little club soda to give it some zip!  IT IS SO GOOD!  Beets are excellent for blood purifying and building.  It's a good way to start a new week!

A few years ago, Randy planted 2 rows of beets in the garden and I was beside myself trying to figure out what to do with all those beets.  I'd had enough so we didn't plant any the next few years.  Now we are already planning on planting (yes) 2 rows of beets this year.  Can't get much better than eating them fresh out of the garden and raw in our juice.  Yum!

And, speaking of "Yum", be sure to stop by our friend Kari's new site at gi365.info.  She has some wonderful, healthy recipes to share.  I will be enjoying these recipes because I've always wanted to be able to cook/bake like Kari. :)  Check out her blog Gourmet Innovations: A food, adventure and lifestyle blog and let her know you stopped by.

So here is the beet juice recipe (for our family of six) for anyone who may be interested...

Sunday Evening Juice

3 med beets-thouroughly washed but not peeled
4-6 carrots depending on size-washed but not peeled
1 bunch of kale washed
1 handful of cilantro washed
3-4 medium apples washed and decored
1-2 lemons depending on size-cut of skins

Run the veggies and fruit through a juicer.  Roll the kale and cilantro into balls as you work them through.  Serve with club soda.

Have a great week,
Alison and family

P.S. Daddy's Kettle Corn recipe coming soon someday...

1 comment:

The J's said...

Thanks for "stopping by" the other day!
I need to blog more, FB less! I get in a rut.
We've been busy in our spot, but mostly just "life". Two new babies in our family (Dec & Feb) keep things busy, another due the first part of June. Grammie duty is mixed right in there with Mom duty :)
I've often wished I had a juicer, my grandpa used to do alot of juicing with his fresh veggies.