Another "Best Birthday Ever" for Maya and Randy!


The pure and simple truth is that our third child has reached the double digit age of 10 years old.  And because I like quick links to the past,  here is the birthday that Kyla turned 10 and here is the birthday that Colter turned 10.  The grandparents might enjoy seeing the comparisons like I do.

Anyway, their birthdays fell on a week that was extremely busy with hunters education going on every evening, all week long.  So on Maya's actual birthday, she and Kyla and I made cake cones to take into her class and then we just ate a quick supper and presented her with... a TENT!  She has wanted a tent for her tenth birthday (just like her older sister got) for about forever!  

Now the next birthday wish was to SLEEP in her tent!  This posed a big problem because it just so happened that I had the entire family room in the basement "up-side-down" as I was mudding, sanding, priming, and painting down there.  Did I mention we had a VERY busy week going on?  The only solution to sleeping in the tent seemed to be to actually set it up outside and sleep in it.  Well, it was nearing the middle of October but it had been a beautiful week.  So we promised Maya that if it was still nice on Friday night, she could sleep in the tent.

The thing was that Melita made up her mind that she was going to sleep in that tent to with her big sister Maya!  The only way that was going to happen, I figured, was for me to sleep out in the tent too.  Then my sweet oldest daughter offered to sleep out with the girls and I got off the hook!  I still figured that Melita would be inside before the night was through... but NO!  She fell right into a deep sleep and slept the whole night away, snuggled between her sisters!!!  And that was that! And it got COLD out there in the night, I tell you.  I had my bedroom window wide open to hear if everything was okay during the night and I just about froze.  That Melita, she's three years old, going on... well... ten!  Here are the three girls, nestled into the tent...

Then on the following Saturday evening, we celebrated Randy and Maya's birthday together with a little party...

And she got a few more goodies.  These Caroline books have been on her wish list for a long, long time as she has the Caroline doll and the first book (which she had read multiple times).  When I went to order the set of books for her birthday, I found they had changed all the books and I was sick! But finally I found a set on Amazon.  Hooray for Amazon!

And then we got Randy a SPOT.  It's so we can keep a closer watch on him when he's hunting. ;)  And it works great, so far.  But, that's another story for another time...

Well, none of us are getting any younger, but I couldn't think of a better way to pass the days and years, than to live together and love together.

I love you, my dear family!
Mom

3 comments:

Traci K said...

Happy Birthday to Randy and Maya! Love the tent story!! That's the stuff memories are made of!!:)

Aleta said...

Cute post. Happy year to Randy and Maya! :)

AJWG said...

Those tent pictures are the SWEETEST!!! Happy birthday, Randy and Maya!